Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

GTA: San Andreas

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

• CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    1,740 points Ranked 21236th
    access_time 15y
    I think it has to do with the fact even the newest console (XBOX) is still around 3-4 years old and your probably running it on something less than a Plasma screen/Hi-def so the resolution wouldn't be that great anyway. Plus the better graphics drawing power from a high-end gpu (at that time probably a Geforce4 Ti 4600/ Radeon 9000 128MB) the overall effect is much clearer. However gameplay-wise its all a matter of preference between individual players if you find consoles/Comp better. Personally I find the keyboard+mouse setup much easier than figuring out every new controller. But my cousin says the controller is much easier than keyboards because there's less buttons to remember... :confused: Anyway, I haven't seen GTA III or Vice on a console so I can only go by what its like on my comp... Peace! :afro:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 15y
    i've own gta for psx and i've played vice city for pc and ps 2 and ive played gta3 on xbox and there is nothing more satisfying than the splat sound of running over a ped in gta. vice city all i say is cheeze wedge!!!!!!!!!! install it for the cops its super funny. i dont know what i like better; messing with custom models for a game or playing. i do like the pc versions betting though.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 15y
    You guys just don't appreciate the awesomeness of the 80's... :p Peace! :afro:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21858th
    access_time 15y
    I wonder if we get to cruise around in GT-R's and rotary engined cars ;) Well enough about that, I thought Vice would be cooler than GTA 3, but I was wrong, I went back to the nr 3, something about the atmosphere I think. I loved cruising around in Liberty, farking up the neighborhood and be involved in hot pursuits, drifting like mad dodging traffic, hearing the crashing sounds of the police. Ah those were the days.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 15y
    Defenitely EoD GTA III was awesome although you can tell the graphics are dated by even Vice City. Still it had a better story I think and driving through Liberty capping ppl randomly is always fun. Id say to get Vice City though because you get motorcycles and helicopters too and I think the weapon system is better in Vice. I never played GTA 1 & 2 either but I loved 3 and Vice. Peace! :afro:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    End Of Days Joined 17y ago
    access_time 15y
    *teleport Cookie Monster to the north pole* I have never played GTA. I played GTA 1 and 2 for PC> I had the full version on GTA1 for PC but it sucked. Them I played the demo of GTA2 and that sucked. I never palyed GTA3. My bro have GTA3 for PS2 and he says it's pretty good. I'l have to check game out.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 15y
    Sounds awesome although it would be cool to catch a flight or train between cities too in case your lazy and don't wanna drive all the way. I just hope theres alot more places you can go in and do stuff. Problem with GTA games is once you do all the missions there really isn't anything to do in the city itself. I don't feel much like pwning Vice City if all I can do is steal the Apache and go rampaging. It be cool if after you took over the crime scene you could actually run it like business sim lite er something. Managing expenses, expanding your turf and dealing with any of the opposition. But once you killed everyone off I guess youd have the same problem again... :bawl: Anyway This is on the top of my list along with HL2, Doom3, and a new comp... Peace! :afro:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SureShot avatar
    SureShot Joined 16y ago
    16,367 points Ranked 336th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 15y
    Posted by {C~K}ACE>It sucks I gotta wait twice as long to get the PC version. Why can't the release them at around the same time? There are two Rockstars right? Anyway despite that, this game will pwn. I wonder how they'll pull of the three cities thing. Will they be different zones you can drive between or are they just different overall levels with no connection except through loading zones? I hope you could drive between them on a highway... I mean what would a trip to the Vegas city be like without bludgeoning a hooker and leaving her in the desert? ;) Peace! :afro:
    Yup, you can use the highways and stuff to get to each city. There will be desert and some dense woodland in areas where you can go "off-road" and stuff. Need more info? Head here and looksie at teh forums ;) And I have a PS2 so I can get it on release, but I won't, I'll wait until the PC version is available :D
    Do you hear me now?
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 15y
    Uh Haunter thats just a white girl with a good tan... I was tempted to say a Latina but Im pretty accurate on my skin tones... Anyway, Im really sick of everyone trying to censor things too. People need to stop trying to control artistic expression and worry about more important things like raising their kids right etc. Besides without sex and violence, life would be pretty freaking boring anyway... :freak: I will in advance state that Im posting at 3AM and have no idea what Im typing... so sad... :bawl: Peace! :afro:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20211th
    access_time 15y
    I tried GTA : Vice City on my PS2 but thanks to the african american lady in the bikini keeps popping up in the loading screen, I passed it back to my friend after playing it once. I hate these kind of thing because my family members would sometimes walk pass me while I play. I don't want them to get the wrong idea... :p But for the PC version, it's for my eyes only. So I'll try to endure it. Ugh! I was wondering...Why ban violent games here? Like Manhunt, Kingpin and Shadowman. I do understand if the game is full of sexual content. But violence? I've been playing violent games and watch some violent shows (Freddy vs Jason and the Texas Chainsaw has been the furtherest I went) but I don't find myself going around slashing people like an idiot. But I do keep some violent thoughts in me. Like thinking how I'm going to rip one guy's tongue out when he won't stop yapping about his pro-ness in CS. But hey, I'm in control! It's all about willpower! :cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CyACE avatar
    CyACE Joined 18y ago
    access_time 15y
    It sucks I gotta wait twice as long to get the PC version. Why can't the release them at around the same time? There are two Rockstars right? Anyway despite that, this game will pwn. I wonder how they'll pull of the three cities thing. Will they be different zones you can drive between or are they just different overall levels with no connection except through loading zones? I hope you could drive between them on a highway... I mean what would a trip to the Vegas city be like without bludgeoning a hooker and leaving her in the desert? ;) Peace! :afro:
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

The Mole avatar
The Mole Joined 17y ago