Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Reason behind your username - A Forum Thread for GameBanana.

How did you guys come up with your usernames? Mine consists of Razor From Swatkats, Fox from Starfox and 01 because yahoo didn't accept razorfox and I thought it looked cool.
  • kamakazi avatar
    kamakazi Joined 21y ago
    18y
    I was playin some TFC one day, and I noticed I had a really lame name. So I figured HEY! Since I like to run around and hug people with my EMPs, why not have a name that reflects my style of play? Thus, Kamakazi emerged. Nowadays though, I usually just go by Kami :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Posted by Snoopy>I would have signed up at genmay, but I was too lazy to create another e-mail, other than my hotmail account. Now it's too late, so reading is better option. Plus I would get owned up there by Dark. Pft...Thx for putting the fsking cliffnotes at the END of your post winged!!!11 Forcing us to basically read teh whole thing!!! :)
    You can still sign up at genmay, it just takes about a month for a mod to approve you. And if you know genmay at all, cliffs always come at the end, fool!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • P|-|0n3x avatar
    P|-|0n3x Joined 20y ago
    19y
    randomly came up with the phon3x one for cs but since its not spelled right and is too common i've been trying to change it to FunKmAStER
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Snoopy avatar
    Snoopy Joined 20y ago
    5,280 points Ranked 2,017th
    19y
    I would have signed up at genmay, but I was too lazy to create another e-mail, other than my hotmail account. Now it's too late, so reading is better option. Plus I would get owned up there by Dark. Pft...Thx for putting the fsking cliffnotes at the END of your post winged!!!11 Forcing us to basically read teh whole thing!!! :)
    URL to post:
  • darkone avatar
    darkone Joined 21y ago
    827 points Ranked 48,438th
    19y
    Posted by W1ng3dbu77m0nk3>I used it on a game called PritonTale. I have tried to use it on a few other things but is usually taken already. and im no 13k! here I am a 5h (and i would be on genmay if I signed up back when I first knew about it) :p
    Nothing but a 13ker ;P And I'm surprised it actually let you PLAY on pristontale :roll: Lineage 2 is better anyway.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Posted by darkone>:13k: :roll: :p Very interesting story. Where do you use the name shens?
    I used it on a game called PritonTale. I have tried to use it on a few other things but is usually taken already. and im no 13k! here I am a 5h (and i would be on genmay if I signed up back when I first knew about it) :p
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkone avatar
    darkone Joined 21y ago
    19y
    Posted by W1ng3dbu77m0nk3>Long explanation commence! When I was 9, in 4th grade, I was on the playground chillin with my cool *** friends. Then, one of my friend's little sister and her gang of chicks (3rd graders) come up to me and start saying "hunky man". Obviously they wanted me sooo hard. However, at the time I was totally intimidated by a group of girls gradually walking closer to me chanting something weird. So I began to run. Of course they chased me around the playground yelling "Hunky man". More and more people joined in the chase (as quite often large groups of people would chase and try to catch me because I was so fast). Now, the whole time I thought they were yelling Monkey Man. I had no clue why they were calling me monkey man but whatever. The next day they just abandoned the hunky man and started calling me monkey man. Eventually they made up names for all of my friends and they all stuck for the year. (Frog, Pony, Pig, Horse, etc). Well, mine was the only one that stuck for 3 years. Through 6th grade, and half of 7th, everyone knew me as monkey man. The entire school knew me. My teachers even called me monkey man. The principle did too. So thats where the monkey reference comes form. Then, about 8 years ago when I was 12, I was at soccer practice. If any of you ever watch me play soccer, then you know that I am one crazy ****er. I pull sidebikes, full bikes, slide tackles, diving headers, insane crazy poo flinging flips and whatnot. Its all about the show. So anyway, we were playing a short sided game (small fields with cones for goals) and I was running around like a monkey, as they kept calling me monkey. They all laughed at my crazy antics. However, when I started to do my crazy air-leaping soccer moves, they started refering to me as a monkey from the wizard of oz, the ones with wings. One kid called me a winged butt monkey. From that point on, every internet alias I had ever had was wingedbuttmonkey. Just in the last year have I changed from wingedbuttmonkey to other things suck as anthem, dmautz, mowitz, shens, and elorian. I don't really feel like going into how I came up with those names. Cliffs: 1) Girls chase me around calling me hunky man, I mistake it for monkey man. 2) Monkey man is my nickname for 3 years. 3) At soccer practice I perform gravity defying feats, kids refer to me as wizard of oz monkey. 4) Kid calls me wingedbuttmonkey. 5) I have a physics test in 2 hours, kthnxbye
    :13k: :roll: :p Very interesting story. Where do you use the name shens?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • undertaker avatar
    undertaker Joined 19y ago
    19y
    no comment
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • waffle man avatar
    waffle man Joined 20y ago
    1,404 points Ranked 25,815th
    19y
    1. I am a waffle. 2. Flapjack is my best friend, so I had something remotely close. 3. I like eating waffles. (Call me a cannabalist if you want to.)
    1337 h4x0r
    URL to post:
  • Long explanation commence! When I was 9, in 4th grade, I was on the playground chillin with my cool *** friends. Then, one of my friend's little sister and her gang of chicks (3rd graders) come up to me and start saying "hunky man". Obviously they wanted me sooo hard. However, at the time I was totally intimidated by a group of girls gradually walking closer to me chanting something weird. So I began to run. Of course they chased me around the playground yelling "Hunky man". More and more people joined in the chase (as quite often large groups of people would chase and try to catch me because I was so fast). Now, the whole time I thought they were yelling Monkey Man. I had no clue why they were calling me monkey man but whatever. The next day they just abandoned the hunky man and started calling me monkey man. Eventually they made up names for all of my friends and they all stuck for the year. (Frog, Pony, Pig, Horse, etc). Well, mine was the only one that stuck for 3 years. Through 6th grade, and half of 7th, everyone knew me as monkey man. The entire school knew me. My teachers even called me monkey man. The principle did too. So thats where the monkey reference comes form. Then, about 8 years ago when I was 12, I was at soccer practice. If any of you ever watch me play soccer, then you know that I am one crazy ****er. I pull sidebikes, full bikes, slide tackles, diving headers, insane crazy poo flinging flips and whatnot. Its all about the show. So anyway, we were playing a short sided game (small fields with cones for goals) and I was running around like a monkey, as they kept calling me monkey. They all laughed at my crazy antics. However, when I started to do my crazy air-leaping soccer moves, they started refering to me as a monkey from the wizard of oz, the ones with wings. One kid called me a winged butt monkey. From that point on, every internet alias I had ever had was wingedbuttmonkey. Just in the last year have I changed from wingedbuttmonkey to other things suck as anthem, dmautz, mowitz, shens, and elorian. I don't really feel like going into how I came up with those names. Cliffs: 1) Girls chase me around calling me hunky man, I mistake it for monkey man. 2) Monkey man is my nickname for 3 years. 3) At soccer practice I perform gravity defying feats, kids refer to me as wizard of oz monkey. 4) Kid calls me wingedbuttmonkey. 5) I have a physics test in 2 hours, kthnxbye
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Joy Of Posting avatar
    Joy Of Posting Joined 20y ago
    637 points Ranked 52,196th
    19y
    i came up with Joy Of Posting because i was like, ahh what a joy. Plus h4x0r-dr1nk!!1, my old name was gettomg old. not like anyone remebers who i am though :)
    Old School
    URL to post:
  • Dopefish avatar
    Dopefish Joined 20y ago
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    19y
    word...and Shadow Hunter...no one wants you here man. We already established that.
    URL to post:
  • Roofles avatar
    Roofles Joined 20y ago
    196 points Ranked 81,832nd
    19y
    Adding the -er at the end just makes it redundant. "Hey look it's the rapister!"
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • a$$a$$yN3r avatar
    a$$a$$yN3r Joined 19y ago
    929 points Ranked 46,988th
    19y
    assassyner..your question might be where i got it...well since so many poeple use assassin or assassiner...i just mispelled it and made it original..i think..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Anarchy avatar
    Anarchy Joined 21y ago
    157 points Ranked 89,960th
    19y
    Although it has taken on a more significant meaning as I've matured... My original gaming alias was Havoc. However, when I started playing RTCW, a ton of people used the same name, and Anarchy has basically the same meaning.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Roofles avatar
    Roofles Joined 20y ago
    19y
    Well I think everyone can say the reason behind their screenname is the fact that there are no guests allowed in this high security forum.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 20y ago
    365 points Ranked 63,620th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Submitted 1 Tool Medal icon
    19y
    Posted by Psycho_Limey>i'm English, hence the limey, and i'll cut your ****ing face off and wear it as i eat your brains.. hence the psycho
    Silly bear .. You can't eat the breains without sucking the eyeballs out first .. Giggle. :p
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 17y ago
    49 medals 12 legendary 18 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Sprays Medal icon
    19y
    Posted by darkone>What about get the **** out don't you understand?
    Probably the words "Get", "the", and "out".
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • i'm English, hence the limey, and i'll cut your ****ing face off and wear it as i eat your brains.. hence the psycho
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkone avatar
    darkone Joined 21y ago
    19y
    Posted by Shadow Hunter>i felt like steailing a name that day and it stuck ever since. ;>
    What about get the **** out don't you understand?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Bummer avatar
    Bummer Joined 21y ago
    19y
    I sleep in a cardboard box
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Shadow Hunter avatar
    Shadow Hunter Joined 19y ago
    1,468 points Ranked 25,453rd
    19y
    i felt like steailing a name that day and it stuck ever since. ;>
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • EdgeKalibur avatar
    EdgeKalibur Joined 21y ago
    19y
    When I got AOL I needed to think of a name so I thought I would make one that is significant to my real name. Since my initials are E.K. and I was a huge fan of swords (and excalibur is one of the best known swords) I put my name to EdgeKalibur. and no I did not come up with the name becuase of the game Soul Caliber... I had this name before I even knew about that game
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 17y ago
    19y
    Well I came across this philosopher dubbed Paracelsus and I consider myself much like a philosopher plus the name sounded pretty nice so here I am today. I've changed my alias to DE now but I still use this name in forums because the simplicity can sometimes be a bad thing. DE is also the first two letters of my given name and also the only gun I use in CS so it I guess many coincidences lie on me with that name. :D
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 20y ago
    19y
    Posted by Booker-Mac>Booker = From various names I know of using it, ie: Booker Red, Booker T, just plain Booker, etc. Mac = Again, from various sources: T-Mac, Mac-Daddy, Shane-O-Mac... There ya go.
    Finally some one else is a fan of Wrestling. ;)
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • Booker-Mac avatar
    Booker-Mac Joined 20y ago
    1,209 points Ranked 27,290th
    19y
    Booker = From various names I know of using it, ie: Booker Red, Booker T, just plain Booker, etc. Mac = Again, from various sources: T-Mac, Mac-Daddy, Shane-O-Mac... There ya go.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Mr. T avatar
    Mr. T Joined 21y ago
    236 points Ranked 75,744th
    19y
    I get to pity whoever I want, no questions asked. Fool
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 20y ago
    19y
    Mine was taken by other shmucks .. So i had to improvise, I modified it a bit, and voila. It's the name of the creature from Resident Evil 3 (Big fan of RE things and that creature) Plus the meaning of it. :) Jeck Zee Dickzinary
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • Flame avatar
    Flame Joined 19y ago
    3,462 points Ranked 3,652nd
    19y
    tunafish because im bored and just thought of a name.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Snoopy avatar
    Snoopy Joined 20y ago
    5,280 points Ranked 2,017th
    19y
    Original name was "$n0_oP Dogg". RIP ^_____^ Changed my name to "Snoopy" cuz it's basically the same name and it's simpler. Simplicity is always good.
    URL to post:
  • [fox]Sunflash avatar
    [fox]Sunflash Joined 20y ago
    694 points Ranked 50,868th
    19y
    [fox> - Because that's a CS clan I'm in. Sunflash - Because it's the main character's name in one of my favorite books (The Outcast Of Redwall). And because it sounds cool. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Tenacious D avatar
    Tenacious D Joined 21y ago
    532 points Ranked 55,355th
    19y
    many many years ago when cs was good, i was the best knifer i ever saw on the game, i got it after my mentor, "Kamikazee Knifer" so i changed my name to knife because i saw him he was so good i just wanted to knife all the time, so i did and i stuck with the name, voila
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Jack Ryan = Main character in most of Tom Clancy's novels. THFRO = The Hunt For Red October
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 17y ago
    19y
    got it from a wooden carving of a quail that sits on my desk.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • GloryKing avatar
    GloryKing Joined 20y ago
    856 points Ranked 47,984th
    19y
    Dammit, Dopefish was in HHGTTG before Commander Keen, although I did love that game. My name is from...Erm...I don't remember, I was wasted, made it and liked it. Although I heard I made it because the bible, but that couldn't be true...
    I smoke pot. Get over it.
    URL to post:
  • darkone avatar
    darkone Joined 21y ago
    19y
    keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekles ^^^^^^^ I forgot about RaY. That was taken from MGS2
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Dopefish avatar
    Dopefish Joined 20y ago
    19y
    URL to post:
  • Roofles avatar
    Roofles Joined 20y ago
    19y
    I picked my name during the time I thought I was really exploding with intellect and sarcasm. I don't even use sarcasm, ever. Nor have have I been in the army either. Ho hum.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkone avatar
    darkone Joined 21y ago
    19y
    bull****. I randomly came up with this name playing HLDM many years ago...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • FlapJack avatar
    FlapJack Joined 21y ago
    5,473 points Ranked 1,938th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    19y
    flapjack... because i am a pancake.
    Pancakes fo' life, yo. avatar
    Mantra
    Pancakes fo' life, yo.
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 17y ago
    19y
    Bunny because I am a bunny(Born in the year of the Rabbit) Rabid because I just though it would complete the name. on Crack because I sometimes act like I'm on a bad trip sometimes. Kid with SARS because I am the AZN RZN and all "AZN"s have teh SARS. And I am a child, hence the Kid
    Bot Account
    URL to post: