Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Server Rates

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Ok might as well bring this up cos its my pet hate at the moment, and a lot is being said in ED too about it. I believe that any person on the server with a Broadband connection should have their minimum rates set. eg: Min rate would be 9999- Min cl_updaterate 50,- Min cl_cmdrate 50, most of us know how frustrating it is when you see a low ping player either jerking on the screen because of having 20 updaterate , or putting a full clip into them only for them to turn around and shoot you dead!. this is because your shot has not registered on the player with the low cl_updaterate. Look on the CS ED forums about this and make your own minds up!! . Heres a link to some posts but theres loads.

Replies

• [UDS]TERMY avatar
    [UDS]TERMY Joined 17y ago
    370 points Ranked 48259th
    access_time 16y
    Well we wanted to run the server in for a few days before tweaking any of the settings but some changes will be made this weekend ,for the better we'll have to wait and see :boom:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • [KbsM]ChOcKy avatar
    [KbsM]ChOcKy Joined 18y ago
    275 points Ranked 51600th
    access_time 16y
    lol cpl rates are fine just set max rate on server as 25000 nd min 12000 that sud be ok and set min updaterate to 50 so if they are using *** rates it will be bad for them not other players. and admin will not have to worrie.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Shafty avatar
    Shafty Joined 18y ago
    1,593 points Ranked 21535th
    access_time 16y
    well i agree with everything apart from the cmdrate as that should b set to the fps, which is some cases if there running a voodoo from 1905 they wont b getting 50fps would they? Just my 2 cents but i agree with the rates apart from meh cuz am a 56k slag0r
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • [UDS]TERMY avatar
    [UDS]TERMY Joined 17y ago
    370 points Ranked 48259th
    access_time 16y
    me wuvs 25000 100 100 or 20000 70 80 if servers full up.Looked on Ed and some interesting programs showing how to view players cmd rates.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • [UDS]SNOOP FROG avatar
    [UDS]SNOOP FROG Joined 17y ago
    1,238 points Ranked 22712th
    access_time 16y
    agreed
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner