Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CS Xbox Coverage

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

As CS for the Xbox is being released today (order it from Amazon.com if you want to support us!) there are a lot of reviews/interviews on various websites showing up, I'll give you a nice list of available information so you don't miss out the fun:
  • Reviews of the game are availabe at Gamespot (7.2/10), HomeLAN (80/100), TeamXBox (4.2/5) and Gamespy (4/5). As you can see they all gave the game pretty nice scores and I can surely imagine it will be a big hit on XBox live. Here is a quote from the TeamXBox Review:

[Quote2>It should be obvious by now how Counter Strike is destined for Xbox Live greatness. It’s notable to point out some of the other observations I made while playing the game for the first time at the SanFran LAN party. Even though I had never really played the game before with the people in the group, we were quickly able to come together as a team and begin feeding off each other’s playing styles much better than I had expected. Communication is the key and there’s a certain level of video gaming magic…yes magic…that happens when people who have grown up playing the same video games over the years sit down together and play a new game. It’s almost like a collective unconscious that allows everyone to quickly adjust to the learning curve and gel together without having to sit down before playing and plan anything out. Trust me on this one, the single player mode is nice, but you’re really missing out on the most intense action of the game if you don’t get yourself involved in the multiplayer LAN or Xbox Live combat.[/quote2>
  • Gamespy also had the chance to sit down with Jess Cliffe and ask him a few questions, I would say it is semi-interesting. I'd say you decide if you click this link or not after reading this little tidbit:

[quote2>GameSpy: Is there any possibility of downloadable or community-created CSX content? If so, what can we expect? JC: Downloadable content -- this is one of the great features of Xbox Live, and something we're pretty familiar with in the online PC space. We do plan on making new maps available for download sometime around the holidays.[/quote2>
  • CSNation's asspennies has witten up a report on his and rizzuh's trip to SanFran to the CS Xbox event. You can check that one out here. Though you could also wait for bozer's report as he was there, too. I'll be posting that the next few hours. Stay tuned!
That's all! I created a new subforum for CS Xbox users in our Forums so if you have an comments or problems with the game give them a visit as our nice community members will sure help you! It seems like CS: Condition Zero has been delayed, again. Nobody really knows why as the game has gone gold last month? Well, it has to come out at one point and if VALVe doesn't decide to switch developers again it should be fairly soon, we'll keep you updated of course! If you wanna preorder the game (yes from Amazon.com and yes you support us with that, too), clicky clicky here.

Replies

• Warbandit avatar
    Warbandit Joined 16y ago
    128 points Ranked 63059th
    access_time 16y
    cs for xbox sucks badly. it's laggy, the graphic are really old school. the controll is nice though. i got say ya'll rent the game or just save ya money for something better
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    oh yeah.. the game better be not be delayed after december... i dont want to wait for another fake date... just to get another one...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    i think its probably cuz csx would make less money than cscz.. and thats probably why they delayed cscz.. so they could make more money for csx even thought they had another reason but i think that might be another reason that they didnt mention
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • CrOuDy avatar
    CrOuDy Joined 17y ago
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    They should have released the PC version first like come on now they would have made so much more money holy **** and sorry for swearing but come on now we have been waiting for so long i swear i saw on.... pc.ign.com CS:CZ was soposed to come on June 3 2003 and me and my big bro got our hopes up save our cash omg.... now look were in November.... come on Valve
    The Chef Of Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    same here... for a LONG time... almost 2 days...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48464th
    access_time 16y
    I am pateint if your asking that, But it just boggles my mind why would they release CS for XBox instead of CZ for PC. /me scratches head.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • Warbandit avatar
    Warbandit Joined 16y ago
    128 points Ranked 63059th
    access_time 16y
    maybe they just didn't have enough CS:cz yet or maybe someone got the dates wrong. also could be there legal issue to go over first. there alot different reason. one big reason which is possible is their trying to give CS on xbox a chance first. but it's valve they pretty much can do what they want. and it's not liek there not EVER going to release. just relax it's coming
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48464th
    access_time 16y
    lol, They have the odasity to release a game for the XBox instead of for the PC where CS itself was created by PC and for the PC, Tsk tsk tsk ..
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    i dont cear :) w00t 2 more days till i buy halo for my pc w0000000t will i love valve tank you for making half-life 2 oh i could kisy you :) just look at the hl2_gameplay_improved_gsi.zip 22 minuts of hl2 gameplay it show the graphics and how relistic the game is i mean you can blow any thing up and the wood is brakbal anywhere and much much much muchmuch much much muchmuch much much muchmuch much much muchmuch much much muchmuch much much much screw this THERES THOUSNDS MUCH MORE YOU CAN EVEN DRIVE CARS GOSH so much more :( :):) valve push hl2 back as much as you want :P as long as your adding more nice stuff to the game :)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    VALVe should have at least said something about the delay by now.. but.. still nothing... he should have at least made up another fake release date by now... but.. still nothing...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    yeah.. thats probably cuz you got a xbox.. a lot of us dont.. so.. what do we do?? besize.. there are more computer players than xbox players.. why did they focus on the xbox before focusing on the comp??? im not saying that the xbox version sucks or nothing... i mean.. it looks great.. with the great graphic and all.. but i just wanna know why xbox before comp??
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Goerge avatar
    Goerge username pic Joined 17y ago
    Fapping
    3,687 points Ranked 2135th
    16 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    valve doesnt owe us squat. CSX looks fun
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    man.. screw valve.. i mean.. wtf.. why did they delay it?? whats the problem?? ... ill calm down... ok.. when is it pushed to?? december? or next year??
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    After the delay of Condition Zero, VALVe can pretty much blow me.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago