Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter-Life Coop Server Schedule ( ...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

*********************************** COUNTER-LIFE SERVER SCHEDULE The server has been taken down indefinately. There is simply not enough active interest from the community to take away from my time spent modeling on more important Counter-Life projects. I have too many things to get done and only one system to do them all on. I have hosted the at least 50 games in the past 2 weeks each of which spanning hours of time. The total number of players who have actually joined I can count on one hand. Sorry folks, but this simply isn't worth the time taken away from more important endeavors. If there was more participation on your part, I wouldn't be so inclined to take it down but unfortuntely you have shown me no reason to continue hosting. *********************************** GAME HOST Syntaxx Seven GAME TYPE *Cooperative IP ADDRESS 172.16.1.34:27015 CONNECTION DSL 384KB Broadband NETSPEED / PING The smiley rating system: 0/5 smiley faces ( 5 = best ) :):):):):) DATE 11/18/03 TIME ZONE (GMT-8:00) Pacific Time (US&Canada) Tijuana -This will help you to determine your time differential SERVER STATUS Offline - Not enough active interest from the community STARTING TIME - 0:00 - ENDING TIME - 0:00 - ADDITIONAL NOTES Please adjust your time differential to GMT Pacfic Standard ( US & Canada ) West Coast KNOWN PROBLEMS Below are commonly encountered problems on this server and you are EXPECTED to know them before you join. If you crash my server because you're too damn lazy to read what I've written here then I will cease to host these games. CRACKED OUT PLAYER MODELS The Player Models "idle" sequence is for some reason severely crippled and appears to be on a mixture of speed and crack cocaine. I don't really know exactly why it appears as such but I can offer no real sollutions at this time. If you can just ignore that it looks as if fellow players are suffering from crack unduced convulsions and spiratic seizures - Then please do so. HGRUNT KICKING CRASH For some reason, whenever a player is kicked by the HGRUNT(Soldier) the game suddenly crashes and immediately kills the system - A restart is needed and I have to manually restart the server. Now, either I or haunter can figure out why this keeps happening as it continues to be a pain in both our âssess. So, I don't plan on staying up all night and restarting the sever because someone decided to let a grunt kick the shît out of them. I am asking for all players who join my server to not allow any grunt to become close enough to kick the shît out of you as it will ultimately kick the living shît out of my server and end any opertunity of other people being allowed to play. *********************************** PLEASE PRESS F5 TO REFRESH THIS THREAD APON READING IT If there is an updated server online, it will be displayed here in the above format. The only way to refresh the information apon this schedule is to refresh the page whilst viewing it. Please press F5 to do this now. STEAM USERS This server is not Steam Compatible. Steam blows the flea infested nuts of a yugoslavian prarie yak. If you have it installed on your system, I suggest you bugger off, bloke. ***********************************

Replies

• SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41463rd
    access_time 16y
    Yeah, I know how many members are here - I see them every day, Sweeper. None the less, only one to two people join over a period of a freakin' week, man. How is that worth it? It's not. I'm done with this thread until more people are actively interested. When that happens, I'd be more then happy to host.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21804th
    access_time 16y
    Okay, S7 is taking it down, I'll put one up this Christmas when on LAN, 1Mbit ADSL. More details when it is up, guess it will be us two playing, a friend and me, but you can join. S7: The demand might not be as high now, have you noticed how many active members there are on this site? Quite few that steps by daily. I step by daily, except weekends when I can't borrow an internet connection. Oh well it is your choice, I will do the host at least, at least try in Christmas times.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54550th
    access_time 16y
    Nah marc. I just don't get on at the sam time as Syntaxx. Only once I was able too and that was pretty fun. BUT ONLY ONCE!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54098th
    access_time 16y
    I noticed the cracked player animations from the beginning. Haunter didn't code the player animations for the cs models yet.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    ingalls sometimes the ip changes the ip i connected with is different then the one listed try using the server browser in half life with game = cl filter
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54550th
    access_time 16y
    Hey! I keep trying to, but the server never seems to be up! This blows...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    I'm not worried about proccessor power as my system is fully adiquate to run many applications simotaniously. There isn't enough call for a Counter-Life server, no one shows up and those who do just end up crashing it. Again, this is exactly my point. When I say that I am canceling the server now people will start responding asking me to keep it up. Now, the people who are actually advocating the server have never actually once joined a game on it. It's like a random topic they just decided to comment on. I know who joins the server and when they join it, what time they pick there nose, what time they leave. And from that alone I have ascertained that barely anyone is joining it. I've got too many things to take care of rather then worry about hosting a full time server for a 2 person crowd every week. Sorry, man - But that's a waste of time.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm Syntaxx, why don't you work and run the server at the same time? Shouldn't be a problem if you use winXP, minimizing and running 3D in Windows should be easy. Also running the computer on a burn in program will also increase CPU performance, I did it to my 350 K6-2 and it became a 450. I did to my 800, and it did perform like a 1100 GHz CPU. So it helps if you need more power. One program that can do it is SiSoft Sandra.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • dudemac avatar
    dudemac Joined 16y ago
    2,298 points Ranked 20316th
    access_time 16y
    if steam wasnt such an as s licker then i would be playing mp cl.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    Alright, I give up - No one's showing up and quite frankly I could be using this time to work on models for Counter-Life beta 6.0. The only people who do show up end up crashing my server half the time then after it's back up not a soul rejoins for hours at a time - If not for the rest of the night. So, I'm sorry all but I have got things to do so I'm taking the server offline. If people were to show an active interest in this it'd be much more worth while to do for the community but unfortunetely this is eating away at my own work time. If I didn't have things to take care of and I had no life, hosting the server to a 1-2 person crowd a night wouldn't be so bad - But I do have a life and that does not include hosting empty servers with my time that could be used productively for something else. Good day, all
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    Thanks, Boss - hey by the way, send me a copy of the Silent Beep for play-testing so I can drop a few models and sounds into the mix to see what possible âsswhooping hell I can muster up for Sweeper. =) Ok, people - The Server is up in 20 minutes. It is now 10: 30 Pacific standard time (Westcoast time ) I am expecting more people to join tonight and open a can o' Alabama whoop âss. So, calling all cars, calling all... *players*, lets get those multiplayer rambos ready to rumble and meet up for some Cooperative play!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20185th
    access_time 16y
    Heh heh. Look around us. Have you seen any still-in-the-unknown MP mods having servers of their own? I truly thank Seven for his time and dedication for doing this. Because with the title 'the no.1 online action game' for CS, I don't think any other MP mods/games might stand a chance. Of course, the popularity also affects it. Anyway, a BIG THANK YOU to Seven. ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    i exited then tried to rejoin but i couldnt find the server
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    You manage to get it all working? The Internet is so unstable here, I had to use the magic F5 key a lot of times just to access this forum... Man this sucks.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    I lost ya, Marc - You comming back or what? Let's open a can of alabama whoop âss on those grunts!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    *********************************** COUNTER-LIFE SERVER SCHEDULE FORMAT This is the format that I am using to display server schedules. You can also use this format when hosting your own personal CL Servers online. You can copy and paste this format into a new thread if you wish to create your own Counter-Life server. You can use this or create your own. I thought I'd save everyone time and create a universal format. *********************************** GAME HOST Name of User Hosting GAME TYPE *Type of game *Deathmatch *Cooperative *Etc IP ADDRESS *Listed IP Address *This address will have to be manually entered *This server is not compatible with Steam. *Steam blows llamas CONNECTION *Connection Type NETSPEED / PING The smiley rating system: 0/5 smiley faces ( 5 = best ) *:):):):):) DATE *MM/DD/YYYY *IE: Monday, Januray 1st, 2003 TIME ZONE *Time Zone information *Conversions can be determined from this *IE: (GMT-8:00) Pacific Time (US&Canada) Tijuana SERVER STATUS *Online :) *Offline :( STARTING TIME *Start time will be listed here *- 0:00 - AM/PM ENDING TIME *End time will be listed here *- 0:00 - AM/PM *********************************** ADDITIONAL NOTES This section can be used to add any additional commentary by the host concerning thier server. ***********************************:):confused:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    what time zone are you in so i can convert to my time?
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SyntaxxSeven avatar