Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CLHD Pack - Update Preview for CL 6....

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

************************************************** COUNTER-LIFE HIGH-DEFINITION COOP PACK By: Syntaxx Seven (John Velasquez,2003) Updated for CL beta 6.0 ************************************************** This package is a high quality compilation created to bring emersive realism to Counter-Life's single player experience by providing high-quality models an effects replacements for all existing Half-Life entities. This package replaces all of the original single player human and alien charactor models with high definition content. It also replaces many, many sounds from the original Half-life with high-fidelity sound FX and includes numerous other misc visual and audio tweaks. All charactor base models are from Valve's high definition upgrade kit. Several charactor models have been completely re-skinned with original texture art to provide vivid, beautiful detail in game. ************************************************** WHATS IN THIS PACK? This package includes the following enhancements: GRAPHICS & DECALS Included are high-resolution decals for all for all ingame gore effects.This also includes high-definition giblet models for both Human and Alien monster entities. Realistic blood and gore effects, sprites and splatter decals Realistic explosions, muzzleflashes, bullet holes and scorch decals ************************************************** SOUND FX & MEDIA Included are high-fidelity replacement sounds for every High-Life surface specific debri type down to the last splinter in the entire game. This includes explosions, riochets, glass, concrete, wood and metal impact effects. Realistic sound FX for ricoches, debris and explosions Realistic sound FX for all breakable entitys Realistic sound FX for all weapon fire and reloads Realistic sound FX for all player surface specific footsteps Realistic sound FX for all player pain and death Realistic sound FX for all player headshots Live fire recordings of real-world weapons for many of the background ambient sounds in Surface Tension levels. This includes the Ak47, M16, M60, SPAS12, and Mp5. I decided that the enemy weapons sound better using live fire recordings then rather then the player. I have included only the Mp5 and Ak47 Fire and reload live sequences for the player and enemies. Other live fire recordings are only used with bakcground ambience. The MP5 Navy fire sounds were taken from the MP5PDW. The MP5Navy reload sounds were recorded from an MP5SD. ( Clip eject/ Clip Insert/ Bolt pull ) The Ak47 fire sounds were taken from a Hungarian semi-automatic Ak74U. The reload sounds were also taken from the same gun ( Clip eject/ Clip Insert/ Bolt pull ) Added audible footsteps to all enemy grunts Added replacement sentence wavs from the Heart of Evil Team. Added replacement weapon menu selection sounds ************************************************** MODELS Drastically improved high-definition Hgrunt and HWgrunt charactor models equiped with H&K Mp5s, FN M249s and SPAS-12s (XM1014) These marines sport high-resolution textures and are visually stunning in game. Outfitted with urban camoflouge and matching combat gear, these detailed models will provide a new level of beauty and emersive realism to the Counter-Life experience. Osprey and Apache aircraft have been reskinned to match the urban tactical color scheme of the high-resolution grunt models. Hassasin has been reskinned with high-resolution skin tight latex and is armed with a Silenced USP45 tactical handgun. ( cleavage included ) Barney has been reskinned with a medium-resolution olive green uniform and is armed with a standard Beretta 96G handgun. Many misc models, charactors and objects have been touched up to improve contrast and clarity in game. **************************************************

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21822nd
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by SyntaxxSeven Sweeper, you are able to modify Counter-Life DLL's?
    Nope, I just hooked up the maps with the CL.dll. It suffers a lot of flaws, such as not all voices work, not all scripted scenes work etc etc. The Dogs in They Hunger are like the enemies in HL, those that sends sonic blasts at you. I started this before TS was ever announced. I cheat for my guns though, hard to get them otherwise.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41509th
    access_time 16y
    Sweeper, you are able to modify Counter-Life DLL's?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Did a practice run on the HL apache in my Hybrid TS using CL.dll yesterday. Enough said, I kicked it out of the sky with my USP. It never had a chance.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20191st
    access_time 16y
    Roll up, roll up! Sweeper vs Apache! Who will win? Roll up, roll up!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20191st
    access_time 16y
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I probably have to add I got a little minigun myself, as for a 5.56 round will have problems penetrating pure rock! solid rock we are talking here... Talking of the canyon run, 2400 RPM? BRING IT ON! If it all cooks down to all hell, I probably just opt for a Strela, if you have been in Operation Flashpoint with a human controlled Mi-24 in your tail you know how to survive. Also, I know how to handle the AWP now, + my M249 will be a hell of an rainshower... I think I will record a demo file for you too see, Sweeper vs Apache.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    I have no doubt in your skill, Sweeper. The changes in 6.0 however will provide even the godlike players such as yourself with a serious wakeup call. Between the new Hwgrunts to the Apache Gunship, toe tags are going to be going on sale for a dime a dozen, lol. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - I've decided to provide the Apache with a real-world minigun. How does 2,400 RPM sound? If you were to break it down like this, the Apache's minigun can fire 20 rounds per 0.5 of a second. 20 x 60 ( 60 seconds ) = 1200 So, if there is 20 rounds being fired every 0.5 of a second ( 1/2 ) then multiply 40 x 60 and you get a magical 2400. Yes, you read that correctly. The Apache will fire 2400 RPM. Ok, we have established that the rate of fire equals that of the real world vulcan cannon ( 2400 - 2600 / GE M-31A Vulcan ) Now, the Apache flys in a so called "strafeing manuever" laying down hailstorm of supressive fire towards a given target. The Spread at which the bullets ( 2400 RPM ) fire will cover a 20x20 foot area of effect. There will be so many bullets pouring out of this helicopter it would make Neo proud. Lol. The damage however will be loew per bullet. That's the balance. On easy level of difficulty, each bullet will only do 1 point of damage. That may seem too low by the sounds of it but trust me, it's not. The accumulative damage that this weapon can reach per minute is 2400 damage. In 60 seconds of continous fire, this weapon will unleash 2400 damage over a 20x20 area of effect. If you still think that is "Sad", on normal the minigun will add an additional point of damage per bullet bringing it to 2. Well, in 60 seconds of continous fire, this weapon will unleash 4800 points of damage over a 20x20 area of effect. Now, now, don't start pissing on yourself yet! On Hard level of difficulty, this weapon will sadistically unleash 7200 points of damage over a 20x20 area of effect. Please do not forget that when I say 20x20 radius, this helicopter is moving and firing simotaniously so that radius moves with it. That radius ladies and gentlemen is targeted with a big flag with a yellow smiley face right on top of your head. Did I forget to mention that you, as a player only have 100 health and 100 armor? As I said before, Sweeper... Even you will be sweating bullets when fighting this hell beast. BUT WAIT! There's more! The Default Apache uses a % varieble to use it's missle banks against the player. The default % is set to 5. So, of every pass the Apache on Normal and hard level of difficulty has a 5% chance to use its missiles against you by default. Well, you can never have two much of a horrible thing! :D Now the Apache has a 50% chance to use it's missiles against you. So, the Apache will now fire missile after missle and unleash thousands apon thousands of rounds apon you. This is getting better by the minute isn't it? Damn, I wish apon my lucky stars that I could find away to call one of these bad boys as a AIR SUPPORT measure for the PLAYER! But, that is a dream..... only a dream. For now, I'll just have to settle for it trying to make me swiss cheese. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I was thinking of the real thing actually. Why caring so much about the real thing? Maybe because it is fun to see two worlds clash together. HL's alien world with alien weapons meets, our world with our weapons, and if they were real it would make the experience even better. The Apache fraggin me? Provided I meet it in the Dam area I will gladly show you that it will have little chance of whooping me. Why? Because I have practiced on downing choppers. All I need is some cover and I will gladly teach it a lesson! You want the nuts and bolts of it back in the mail or should I send the scrap metal to the junkyard right away? Hehehehe ;) No offense.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    Downgrade? What crack are you smoking? The original Half-Life apache fired a 12mm auto turret at roughly 650 RPM doing a maximum of 10 points of damage each bullet. How the hell is this a downgrade? The default damage done by the 5x56mm round in Counter-Life/Counter-Strike is 29 points of damage and it also supports full wall penetration. 650 rounds RPM firing 12mm rounds doing 10 points of damage each compared to 1100 RPM firing 5x56mm rounds with full wall penetration. Hmm, Sad? I think not. Remember, this is not based from real life. I could never understand why people were so adament that everything be spec to the real-life hardware no matter what the idea is. In a game that includes walking pot roast's with püssy faces and electrical bolt casting alien one eye freaks - Real life fell far from the scales a paragraph and a half ago. You can't compare Counter-Life to real life simply due to the fact that is it is based on the original concept of Half-life. Where absoluetely nothing was realistic to begin with. As for the Apache "Downgrade" we'll see how sad it is when it's dropping you *** like a bad habbit, Sweeper. Lol, unless you're enabling god mode everytime you face it. Things could be more deadly then you could imagine. The default Half-Life 12mm round might as well be shooting 9mm bullets while it bounces off of enemy kevlar.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm 5.56mm Minigun for the apache? sad downgrade. Would love it to sport its orginally intended loadout, which means 30mm minigun! Oh well, guess you don't control the airborne weapons, just rambling a little, would be fun to see it with some rocket pods firing though... Unguided munitions still offer the most bang for ya buck on the Apache.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54655th
    access_time 16y
    Sounds good to me! Me like.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    ************************************************** AI-CONTROLED MULTIPLAYER ARMY ************************************************** INTRODUCTION There are many new feartures in Counter-Life 6.0 This includes a fully functioning AI-Controled enemy army with full multiplayer support. These new fearures were specifically designed for cooperative play on user created maps. For more information on individual units that can be added to your multiplayer maps, please read on. ************************************************** ENEMY UNITS ************************************************** URBAN CAMOFLOUGE A light grey/white or black tactical inner city camoflouge that is designed to mesh with the indoor environments of Half-Life. The camoflouge BDUs of these marines were inspired by the original Half-Life marines. Thes marines however are highly detailed and improve greatly apon the original feel of game. ************************************************** TACTICAL MARINE (hgrunt) The Tactical Marine is an indoor/outdoor ground warfare reconisance unit equipped with an Mp5 Submachinegun or a Franchi Spas-12 Shotgun. Each marine is also equipped with both Flashbangs and standard High-Explosive grenades. BODY ARMOR The Tactical Marine wears light kevlar which allows him to absorb 6 points of damage per bullet all 9mm weapons. AREAS EFFECTED: Torso HEAD ARMOR The Heavy Weapons Marine wears either a black neoprene skimask or protective head gear which allows him to deflect any bullet type up to 55 points of damage. ( skimasks are not armored ) ************************************************** HEAVY WEAPONS MARINE (hwgrunt) The Heavy Weapons Marine is a heavily armored marine equipped with an M249 machinegun. Carrying the M249 allows him to provide his allied troops with extremely fast rates of supressive fire. He can fire up to 100 rounds per box magazine and his 5x56mm streams of fire are fully capable of penetrating walls and personal body armor. BODY ARMOR The Heavy Weapons Marine wears heavy kevlar which allows him to absorb 6 points of damage per bullet all 9mm weapons. AREAS EFFECTED: Torso / Arms / Legs HEAD ARMOR The Heavy Weapons Marine wears protective head gear which allows him to deflect any bullet type up to 55 points of damage. ************************************************** CL 6.0 BETA SPECIFIC FEATURES ************************************************** CL 6.0 beta will introduce client side weapons and new enemy units for multiplayer cooperative play. It will feature dozens of tweaks and changes to enemy units including a new armor system. New weapons will be availble to the player including the CS:CZ Galil and FAMAS Assault Rifles. Possible Flashbang available to the player. ************************************************** FLASHBANGS We are working hard to introduce working player Flashbangs that actually effect the enemy AI, blinding and deafening them for a short period of time. The Flashbang will have a radius of effect covering a short distance. All enemy units caught within this radius of effect ( Save Vs Walls/Cover ) will suffer a temporary deafness/blind spell that will fade with a set time duration. Enemey ( Human Class Enemies ) units under the effect of this weapon will not be able to fire at enemy targets for a short period of time. AI behavior tags that are specific to Hgrunt units ( See player, mad at player / Hear Player ) will be disabled and a new blind / deaf animation will be implmented into gameplay during the duration of this effect. ************************************************** ARMOR SYSTEM: We have created a new armor system for enemy units. All 9mm weapons Vs enemy body armor will suffer a -6 damage point penalty. Enemy body armor absorbs damage taken by 9mm weapons. These changes effect Barney, Hgrunt and HWgrunt units. This is also dependant on the enemy itself as certain enemies have less/more armor then others. The basic armor configuartion is a simple light kevlar vest. EXAMPLE: If the Glock18 does 15 points of damage per bullet then the enemy unit will take 9 points of damage after deduction in the area covered by the charactors body armor. All other areas of the body not covered by the armor will take full damage from all bullet types, 9mm included. ************************************************** HEAVY WEAPONS MARINE (hwgrunt) The Heavy Weapons Marine is a heavily armored marine equipped with an M249 machinegun. This is a brand new enemy class unit only available in multiplayer cooperative play. The HWgrunt can be spawned like any other monster_entity in Worldcraft/Hammer Editor by placing him where you see fit. The HWgrunt will NOT be included in single player. The HWgrunt was designed for the purpose of creating a more versatile enemy force for multi-player cooperative play. He is unique among his AI comrades in several ways but most effectively his weapon. The HWgrunt M249 Machinegun is a carbon copy of the players M249 Machinegun. This means that his weapon will benefit from full wall and body armor penetration. He will be able to chamber and effectively unleash 100 rounds per box magazine equaling the players own rate of fire. The HWgrunt will be able to support his allied troops by laying down suppreesive fire. His AI behavior will reflect a lack of fear in combat as well. He has no secondary weapons, grenades or other attack. The Hwgrunt is also heavily armored and can absorb roughly 50% of the damage of done to him by enemy units using 9mm weapons. Due to this armor and heavy weaponry his movement speed is slowed considerably. Though he may be an easy target to hit due to this impairment, his rate of fire fully compensates for any loss of mobility. ************************************************** APACHE RETROFIT The Apache is in the proccess of being retofitted into a more effective offensive gunship capable of delivering a highly improved formidability. The Apache has been retrofitted with a 5x56mm auto-turret ( light minigun ) capable of fireing at speeds of 1100 RPM at targets within a forward 90 degree field of view. This weapon will support full wall penetration and have a large cone of fire. The Apache will also come equipped with fully functional ( None Map Scripted ) Left and Right RPG Missile Banks. The Apache can launch 2 RPG Missiles at once ( 1 RPGS fire from either side of the Apache ) Apon firing the RPGS, the Apache has a 10 second rearming delay before it can fire another volly. These changes were made in the hopes that Counter-Life mappers would use this as an effective unit to support Hwgrunts & Hgrunts for a more well rounded AI controled enemy force for multiplayer coop. The Apache changes are also present in single player Counter-Life. The Apache life and weapon damage are controled via the skill.cfg. **************************************************
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SyntaxxSeven avatar