Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Camera View

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

How in the blazes do i change camera view ingame and model...

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21822nd
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter developer 1? If it's turned on, means cheats are on.
    Nope, cheats is routed through Sv_cheats 1 Developer is something that shows a little more detailed info. For an example: Game is currently loading the cfg file for a GeForce video card. Exec geforce.cfg
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20190th
    access_time 16y
    developer 1? If it's turned on, means cheats are on.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Oh yeah. Forgot all about. Or and alternative. Grab the model and rename it to 'player'.
    Well Haunter, will you change the setting in the file to 1 in later installs? Because it helps on the troubleshooting for some peeps.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Oh yeah. Forgot all about. Or and alternative. Grab the model and rename it to 'player'.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by darkblade You made one small mistake Haunter. you have to put -dev in the half-life shortcut then do what you said.
    Even if you put -dev there, you won't activate the developer mode. Why? Because Haunter switches it off by default, personally I did override that setting.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    End Of Days Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Too bad the character model does hold the weapons model correctly. I hate that. Always to the side, like he can hit the brod side of a barn that way.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54199th
    access_time 16y
    You made one small mistake Haunter. you have to put -dev in the half-life shortcut then do what you said.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    In the console, type in 'model *' * = model's name. Such as 'gign', 'sas', 'arctic' and 'urban'. All these models have to be in their respective folder in the models folder of the mod you're playing. E.g. C:\Sierra\Half-Life\Gearbox\models\whee *Each letter being typed out is each second wasted. I may have problems completing my tough task at hand. I could have a 50% prefection, 60% or more. The worst case senario maybe a lower than 50% perfection. This is not acceptable......... Because in order to complete this freaking modeule I must get 50 marks out of 100 for the examination!*
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Kapitan Helion avatar
    Kapitan Helion Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    but what about models then? player models that is...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41506th
    access_time 16y
    You can activate 3rd person perspective by typing: Thirdperson into the console. You will need to adjust the perspective though as the default perspective will appear at a horizontal angle. In order to rotate the camera vertically or horizontally you will need to bind camera rotation keys. This can be done by doing the following. Edit your config and add these bindings: ( Change the arrow keys to whatever you wish ) ( You can copy and paste these into your config.cfg ) bind F11 "firstperson" bind F12 "thirdperson" bind "UPARROW" "+campitchup" bind "DOWNARROW" "+campitchdown" bind "LEFTARROW" "+camyawleft" bind "RIGHTARROW" "+camyawright" This should allow you to play in third person mode. When you want to return to First person perspective simply press F11. It is difficult to play in Thirdperson, however, during my testing and developing of media I often have this configuration already bound to my keyboard. These are ingame developer commands that can be used for whatever you wish. These commands were not created by the Counter-Life Team. If you seek support on these commands, please search for command/console tutorials available for standard Half-Life by visiting the Valve ERC Collective.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Moistnote avatar
    Moistnote Joined 17y ago
    7,977 points Ranked 769th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    i standcorrected. well, uh. looks like i got to go. whoops.
    Pajamaz0r
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53734th
    access_time 16y
    chase_active 1 ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Moistnote avatar
    Moistnote Joined 17y ago
    7,977 points Ranked 769th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    u can't change the cam ingame. half-life is a fps. or FIRST person shooter. and what do you mean by model?
    Pajamaz0r
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category