Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Female Zombie Information, Haunter p...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hey boss, I know that there has been some issues with the female zombie using male voices in game and alot of bugs surrounding her lately. I was wondering if it would be possible to just create a male model to replace her completely? I have been working on a female zombie model and sadly, I cannot even condone the work. She turned out nothing like I had expected and she's not at all the quality that I intended. Compared to the other male high-definition models she is a joke beyond all comparison. I can't seem to get her right and frankly I am frusted as all hell trying to continuously correct her mishappen, broken bodied corpse. Anyways, the bîtch is deleted and I never want to see her ugly mug again. Would it be possible to just exploit the female / male voice bug and simply replace her with a high-definition male zombie? I'm telling you man, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make her look even half-way decent....
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21925th
    access_time 16y
    Well it is, at least the forum is up now for input from the CL community. So if you got a comment, feel free to register and post it, would be great for reference. I also got a hardware section with people that comes from the elite class, by elite class I mean they sit tight to the big boys in graphics for an example. Like Northy there, he sits very close to Nvidia. But back on this Zombie things. I did a test drive in my hybrid version, and I confirm that They23 crashes for me as well, Sprite overflow. And the female zombie uses only one voice type... The male one.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 17y ago
    35,754 points Ranked 125th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    CL BOT? :shocked: whoa
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20249th
    access_time 16y
    Right now, I'm interested at the link below Sweeper's sign....
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by End Of Days I am REALLY PISSED. You now that part where you ar captured first time well I'm in the cell and I wait like 10 minutes and noone came like they are spost to. Noone. I'm stuck. Oh. I'm back. I got back friday night.
    Noclip out the wall, I did it and it worked... Have you checked the room where the "New" G-man (Sheriff) is and the grunts? Are you sure he doesn't keep on firing his guns on the zombie Barneys? I have been experiencing the same problems, but that was in the hybrid version of TS, not Haunter's new coded beta.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    access_time 16y
    LOL! Welcome back. Tell me, does the second episode start? If it does, something must be wrong with the Barney.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    End Of Days Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I am REALLY PISSED. You now that part where you ar captured first time well I'm in the cell and I wait like 10 minutes and noone came like they are spost to. Noone. I'm stuck. Oh. I'm back. I got back friday night.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    access_time 16y
    No assassin in They:Hunger. But there are nurses. That is model zombie2.mdl. But don't worry about zombie2.mdl yet. I'm not done with it....(sadistic)Hee hee hee.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 17y ago
    35,754 points Ranked 125th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    female :shocked:? how bout female grunts? though we already got assassins
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 17y ago
    877 points Ranked 41685th
    access_time 16y
    The female zombie is not that important. It makes no difference wether or not she is there even in a scripted sequence. The female zombie is a numbered zombie like any other. The script references a specific zombie from the list. It is not sexist or biased when it chooses the model. If a male zombie is created to take that zombies place for the scripted reference then the male zombie will be selected just the same. Wow, second case - A simple female voice being played. Is it really that difficult to replace a wav file of a talking or moaning female zombie with a male one? Uhh, let me think.... No. You guys act as if this female zombie is the key to eternal youth. She isn't important. The only reason I am not creating her is because I can't seem to get her to function as well as the males. The same goes for the visual aspects of the model. She looks like crap compared to the male. As always, if you think that you can do better and can create a model of a female zombie with as much detail or even remotely close to the detail of my males - Then do it. Don't try to tell me that this so called script is going to ruin the game because I know for a fact it won't. I have been modeling a long time and there are ways arround every contingancy.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54676th
    access_time 16y
    Sad to hear that... But without the female zombie, it won't work. Could you use the "Gina" model as a base for a new model?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    The man has a point, I am not sure in my hybrid TS that I built myself the buggy one there is a scene that is scripted, I am sure that I heard the female zombie voice, I need to check that again, I will get back to you with my report.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 19y ago
    access_time 16y
    Women; Never mess with them. Without them, I don't think there'll be us. Edit: Male zombie approved. However.......there's one area you might be discontent with. The part where you got captured by the sheriff in episode 1. That's the very first time, the female zombie talked in its femal voice.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    access_time 16y
    Somewhere in the beginning of the game. I can't point out where but she is bad.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 55148th
    access_time 16y
    You people are sexists! :p Wow, EOD where did u come across that bug?!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    access_time 16y
    Which reminds me. I was playing TS the other night and I can't remeber the part but I shot the female zombie in the head 3 times and she did die, but I shot the other zombies in the head and they died. SO I took out me shotty and plastered her 8 shots... still not dead. I take out my AWP fire 4 shots to the head, still not dead. Bad bug. DO away with the f. zombies and use the m.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 55148th
    access_time 16y
    Zombies are ugly anyways. :roll: If it that much of a hassle, I dought Haunter will make you create a female zombie.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45623rd
    access_time 16y
    Seconded. We can always replace the female voice effects with male ones. I think I might even have some I did for another mod that went belly-up.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SyntaxxSeven avatar
SyntaxxSeven Joined 17y ago
877 points Ranked 41685th