Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

What is your opinion on the FNF community? {FO} - A Forum Thread for GameBanana

What is your opinion on the FNF community? You can focus on things you like, things you don't like, or just the community in general.

// By the way, {FO} means Free Opinion. Have fun, but don't get toxic!

What is your opinion on the FNF community? You can focus on things you like, things you don't like, or just the community in general.

Personally, I like the FNF community because

- It's what made me discover GameBanana and all of the amazing people in it (looking at you, tomBonkMaykrZeeByte, and The Lone-Wolf :D)
- They helped me with HaxeFlixel problems using their tutorials and guides <3
- Learned HaxeFlixel through modding FNF, my first non-Scratch game programming language!
- Met some amazing collaborators through the FNF community!
- Work motivation skyrocketed due to FNF!
- Collaboration skills skyrocketed due to FNF!
- Rhythm game skills skyrocketed due to FNF!

I don't really like the FNF community, because

- Too many mods
- Toxic, sometimes douchebaggy community (not as a whole, just some community members)
- Odd memes (but I love most of them <3)
- Most of the community is kids, kind of odd due to the game's intended audience

So, now what's your opinion? I'm open to hear it, and I can't wait to see what you all say!
  • BonkMaykr avatar
    BonkMaykr username pic Joined 2y ago
    Uberstylist Ripe Supporter
    it's over now
    1,781 points Ranked 22,956th
    42 medals 5 legendary 7 rare
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Thanked 500 submitters Medal icon
    • Received thanks 500 times Medal icon
    • Thanked 50 submitters Medal icon
    BonkMaykr avatar
    BonkMaykr
    OldBanana Development Flag
    Affiliation
    OldBanana Development
    Uberstylist
    29d
    A lot of the issues with FNF are inevitable facts of life, my main problem is just how terribly the site staff and members themselves both seem to handle it, something I have talked about in the past.
    • Helpful x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    tom pls fix avatar
    Mantra
    tom pls fix
    URL to post:
  • Miguel92398 avatar
    Miguel92398 username pic Joined 5y ago
    MC Manager NASB Manager BDSP Manager
    43,606 points Ranked 106th
    48 medals 6 legendary 15 rare
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    28d 28d
    Hidden for: We're not looking forward to another fiasco, so please tone down the passive-aggressiveness in your
    As mentioned by bonk, alot of the issues of FNF are facts of life. Hell, even if one staff spotted a reuploaded submission or mods that the creators not given permission to be modified or repurpose to a different thing (VS Sky, Mid Fight Masses, etc), the community (not all of them, some) decided to grab their guns and knives and point at the staff with DDoS attacks, causing massive traffic which slow down the performance better, and the same people who complain why stuff have to happen also complain why the site is slowing down.

It's not our fault that the community is composed of underage and immature brats due to dumb Youtube Algorithm, assuming every CARTOON DRAWINGS ARE KIDS CONTENT, or edge fuck of a generation. If they can't obey the rules here, why bother attack the site over a fucking game that's targeted to teenagers above? It's like giving a 10 year old a cigarrete and teach him how to smoke and swear like an adult.

As for staff not trying their best to mitigate the problem, we can't have full control and it's up to tom to decide what's good. He and many others know that giving them the same treatment as Baldi's Basics last year (Section Shutdown Warning) will not work at all for a big community as Friday Night Funkin'. Therefore, they decided to allow the community to break certain rules like low quality/low effort submissions and troll content, as long as too much effort has been put, in response to a moderator withheld and/or trash submissions last September. Even if attempting to go ahead and close the entire section (disabling content to be added to that section or downright deleting it) FNF Community find ways to break it just to have their content to be posted on Gamebanana by submitting the mods to the Gamebanana Section or other random sections that's unrelated to FNF. I know their ways and all they want is to grab attention and being noticed by countless poor ass  cringe content Youtubers who have no life or sympathy and just wanted to milk it out because it earn them alot of ad revenue.

In short, the FNF Community is pointing a gun to Gamebanana and anything that would break the community (deleting submissions which the majority thinks that it's good, despite how horrible they were), they will drop a DDoS attack out of spite. Would you want Gamebanana to die because of FNF? Is this what you want, FNF Community?

But hey, we're gonna have the Hub feature soon, where it can be sorted out and can also be filtered (probably hiding content at all by the Managers; ie: low effort submissions, sorted by Manager to the "low effort tab" where it cannot be shown in the Homepage but still accessible and appear in their game section). Think of it as folders in your desktop for the Managers and staff.
    • Thanks x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • TLDR x 1
    • Cool story bro x 1
    Don't DM me for stuff
    URL to post:
  • NekoDev avatar
    NekoDev username pic Joined 12mo ago
    FMBPlus Manager FNF Manager
    1 points Ranked 70,659th
    11 medals 3 rare
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Achieved Game Manager clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    28d
    The community is usually fine but sometimes it just seems repulsive of seeing the same type of mods most of the time
    but other than that it be fine ;3
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Little Dev
    URL to post:
  • I like:

the game

the mods

it boosted my rythm game skills

i do not like:

the little timmys

the toxicity

• Agree x 2
    • Thanks x 1
    Memer
    URL to post:
  • LegoLoco7 avatar
    LegoLoco7 username pic Joined 2y ago
    Change da world
    1,143 points Ranked 26,332nd
    22 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    LegoLoco7 avatar
    LegoLoco7
    OldBanana Development Flag
    Affiliation
    OldBanana Development
    28d
    It could be better.
    • Agree x 2
    • Thanks x 1
    LEGO/Sonic/Minecraft Gamer
    URL to post:
  • Jos9199 avatar
    Jos9199 Joined 5mo ago
    212 points Ranked 69,798th
    27d
    Really the fnf community is very good, good mods and a lot of fun behind each mod!!
    • Thanks x 1
    Making FNF Mods avatar
    Mantra
    Making FNF Mods
    URL to post:
  • souljolt avatar
    souljolt username pic Joined 10mo ago
    Damn daniel
    107 points Ranked 94,923rd
    8 medals 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    23d
    people in the FNF community are very talented, i've seen many great artists, musicians, coders, charters, and alot more, there are alot of toxic people but i don't see to much of it, i think its meh tho. it has its ups and downs.
    • Helpful x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    URL to post:
  • Gunngg avatar
    Gunngg Joined 11mo ago
    636 points Ranked 48,343rd
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Submitted 5 Tools Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 1 Tool Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    22d
    i think i started making music because of fnf but other than that i dont care, i just play the mods and thats it
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    h
    URL to post:
  • Droucked avatar
    Droucked Joined 5mo ago
    34 points Ranked 84,070th
    21d 21d
    at the past it was great but these days the community lost their creative, everything is like Friday Nifngh FUking VS *insert a random character* from *insert a random fandom* and most of the mods is 250 MB with just 3 songs, making it terrible, also, the community is really toxic with 50% of the old mods getting trashed for a dumb reason like other mod creator racists other mod creator and makes the mod getting trashed and something like that, also, almost every YT channel uses a bot
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Win x 1
    • Helpful x 1
    hello i exist
    URL to post:
  • kittenbr avatar
    kittenbr Joined 2mo ago
    339 points Ranked 58,667th
    20d
    cool
    • Thanks x 1
    #LoveLoeaiana
    URL to post:
  • erasedcards avatar
    erasedcards username pic Joined 5mo ago
    Still Offline
    418 points Ranked 55,199th
    15 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    18d
    i play fnf, but hate the community. they keep puttin madness cbat characters into fnf.
     is anger.

• Thanks x 1
    o- oh dear god
    URL to post:
  • Gonuez avatar
    Gonuez Joined 4mo ago
    104 points Ranked 93,636th
    17d 17d
    Best way to describe this community: a diamond in the rough. It could be a lot better, but despite all the bad things that happened, I don't think they discredit all the good shit that came from this community.

All the things that this community has achieved with mods is pretty crazy. Lots of talented, creative people. People are learning how to code, make art, and produce music all because of a little web game. That is seriously amazing. Mods are pretty much the backbone of FNF and I'm glad about how far they have gotten. Think about what the community will do when the full ass game comes out since it's going to have better mod support.

As for the negative stuff, toxicity and cringe content doesn't really bother me as I'm already used to that stuff. The Twitter "drama" is so pathetic I'd rather binge watch some shitty reality TV show than give any attention to that. It's pretty easy to ignore anyways. What ACTUALLY bothers me is all the pedos coming out of fucking nowhere left and right. It's disgusting. Also, I'm disappointed that this community consist of too many damn kids. We need more adults please.
    • Agree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    URL to post:
  • hoadao3493 avatar
    hoadao3493 Joined 17d ago
    17d
    Thank you for sharing this great article. 888b hopes you will have many more articles for everyone to read.
    • Thanks x 1
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Skwidz avatar
    Skwidz Joined 8mo ago
    887 points Ranked 45,231st
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    16d
    The FNF community is a wonderful place full of hundreds of extremely talented people and players who love the game. It's a game where anyone can make something if they want, and a community who's willing to help. But there's two sides to every coin, and in the FNF community that's very apparent. The biggest problem in my opinion, revolves around "certain individuals" who I won't name. Another problem is the underage player base and demographic, because in all honesty, eight year olds should not be playing this game when it was intended for audiences a few years older. These are just a few of the problems with the community but these are problems that can and have appeared in almost any community. In my overall opinion FNF is a game that was never ment to be as big as it is, but through the option to build an extraordinary community and then give that community access to make whatever they can think of, it flourished, as you can clearly see now. This game is what it is today because of the amazing community and developers behind it, and no matter how many problems we encounter, we'll keep moving forward. 
    • Agree x 1
    • Win x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    [Redacted] avatar
    Mantra
    [Redacted]
    URL to post:
  • Lambdagon avatar
    Lambdagon username pic Joined 11mo ago
    Ripe Supporter HL2 Manager TF2 Manager Brick Manager
    1,055 points Ranked 27,580th