1. IntroductionHello. I am AirWay1, a game manager for the Sonic 3 A.I.R. Gamebanana page.
Since our no-recolor rule was lifted, we saw many new faces in the modding scene. However, many in our community have felt that this has lowered the barriers of what is considered a quality mod to be allowed on Gamebanana too much. Additionally, I felt that recolors were the "entry point" into modding, but some have interpreted as the "best way" to mod, considering all other options too unviable or hard, to the point where some modders have based their entire mod making career into recolors.
So starting December 10th, all mods that are considered recolor-based are going to have the following restrictions set on them. Failure to follow restrictions may have your mod withheld when the time comes.
2. RestrictionsTo begin out of the box, recolors must contain a custom underwater palette that works well. This is a requirement, not a suggestion.
Your recolor must also contain, at the very least, ONE of the following:
- 3 Audio Tracks that are looped properly.
- 5 Sound Effects that are relevant to the mod.
- Rawdata injections that are original and not from another mod.
- Scripts that work properly. Any script from another mod or is modified based on another mod does not count.
For relevant sound effects, random sound effects added in the mod to try the meet the rule do not count. For a sound effect to be considered "relevant", make sure it contributes to the mod, not add onto the mod.
Please, as with all other changes to our ruleset, feel free to discuss about it. And I hope you all have a great day.