Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Ultimate Arena $10.000 contest annou...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

As we earlier reported Ultimate Arena is holding $10.000 3 vs. 3 CS tournament soon, they now revealed the details on it! Dennis put together a small list with the most important facts you need to know:
  • Prize: $5000 in cash and ~$5000 in top-of-the-line AMD Athlon hardware
  • Signups have started and will be open until Nov. 3
  • Tournament starts as an open ladder, so everyone can participate (only requirement is a verified user email address)
  • Top 16 teams on Dec 3. advance into a single elimination bracket tournament
  • The entire tournament will be held online
Sounds great to me and everybody is free to enter, woot! Go sign up for an Ultimate Arena account and then have a look at the tournament page! [block="Press Release">
ULTIMATE ARENA ANNOUNCES $10,000 ZIPZOOMFLY ONLINE COUNTER-STRIKE TOURNAMENT AND PLANS FOR THE UA LEAGUE Tournament To Spotlight New AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor and To Seed Teams in the Upcoming UA League
(Menlo Park, CA, October 21, 2003) – Ultimate Arena, Inc., the leading skill-based action game web site, today announced an online 3 vs. 3 Counter-Strike tournament sponsored by ZipZoomFly. The tournament will feature prizes worth $10,000, including $5,000 in cash and $5000 in top-of-the-line AMD Athlon™ processors and motherboards. Sign-up begins today at The tournament winners will also be automatically seeded in the upcoming UA League. The ZipZoomFly tournament will be the first major tournament played on Ultimate Arena’s new competition platform. The tournament will begin on November 4th as an open ladder format and continue until December 3rd. The top 16 teams will then be placed in a single elimination bracket, with the finals being held in the 2nd week of December. Tournament matches can be played for free or cash. The Ultimate Arena ladder system includes many features, such as automatic server-side demo recording of every match, auto-reporting of match results, a guaranteed cheat-free platform, advanced scheduling tools, and private game servers on the west coast, central, and east coast. Players must first create or join a team before participating in the tournament. “Our customers expect us to offer them the latest in technology,” said Tim Wang, Director of Business Development at ZipZoomFly. “We think promoting the new AMD Athlon 64 processor with an Ultimate Arena tournament is the perfect venue to showcase the awesome performance of AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems and support the leading-edge gaming community.” “Gamers are always looking for ways to gain the competitive edge over their opponents, and the benchmarks show the AMD Athlon 64 processor can deliver,” said Dennis Fong, Chief Gaming Officer at Ultimate Arena. “It’s a great testament to the growth of e-sports to see companies like AMD and ZipZoomFly make such a big commitment to the gaming community.” Ultimate Arena has seven layers of anti-cheat technology on its site and is now recording demos of all Counter-Strike matches played by cash players using HLTV. After a match, any player can download and review an HLTV demo of the match. A team of game experts at Ultimate Arena reviews all protested games. The UA League will officially launch in January and feature three levels of competition: Open ladders, Amateur, and Professional. The entire competition will be played online. The first season of the league will feature at least $25,000 in cash prizes to the winners. More details will be announced at a later date. Ultimate Arena is dedicated to providing a fun and fair experience for all players. On the technical front, Ultimate Arena works closely with game developers and other technology providers to ensure fair play. As a requirement to play, all players must have United Admins’ Cheating-Death software running on their computers in order to connect to Ultimate Arena’s servers. In addition, Ultimate Arena has developed the Ultimate Feedback System™ - a reputation system based on user feedback that helps players determine whom they can trust in the community. Ultimate Arena also employs a staff of experts who can observe and administer matches. About ZipZoomFly ZipZoomFly.com (), a division of Xtraplus Corporation, was founded in 1998 and is a leading e-tailer of computer components with an annual growth rate of 100%. The company is known for its comprehensive selection, low prices, easy-to-use website, and high quality of customer service. ZipZoomFly.com is certified by CNET and Shopping.com and is a ResellerRatings Elite and Bizrate Gold store. "ZipZoomFly" is a tribute to the speed at which computer technology moves, as well as a symbol of their commitment to stay on top of this technology. They promise to Zip, Zoom, and Fly along with the speed of technology so that they'll always be bringing the latest and greatest computer parts and accessories to their customers. ZipZoomFly.com is privately held and located in Newark, California. About Ultimate Arena Ultimate Arena () is the leading platform where multiplayer online gamers can create their own tournaments for cash prizes. Ultimate Arena features the most popular online games in the world on its site, such as Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003 and America’s Army. Ultimate Arena creates an environment of fun and fair play with a robust player rating system, a sophisticated reputation system based on user feedback, an anti-cheating “money back guarantee”, and a secure network of state-of-the-art game servers. The company has created the Ultimate Rating System™ that matches players up with opponents of equal skill. The company has also developed the Ultimate Feedback System™ which is a reputation system based on user feedback that helps players determine whom they can trust in the community. Over 25,000 gamers have registered to play at Ultimate Arena. Ultimate Arena was founded by Dennis “Thresh” Fong (World Champion of Quake), Mike Cassidy (former CEO of Direct Hit), Max Woon, and David Lawee. Ultimate Arena, Inc. is funded by Draper Fisher Jurvetson and is based in Menlo Park, California. Contacts: San Francisco Dennis Fong Chief Gaming Officer, Ultimate Arena 650-853-8800 x102[/block>
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    2,774 points Ranked 19905th
    access_time 16y
    nice, we need prizes for the pictuyre contest XD
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 17y ago
    35,754 points Ranked 127th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    :shocked: wow. long history huh? then when did the forums start? it seems sebby registered june 2001...
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    lol geocities, i remember having a site on geocities, how much space is CSC using?
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    i didnt know it was that old
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    its a shame it is 18
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r username pic Joined 17y ago
    35,754 points Ranked 127th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    NO NO NO!!! DAMN ULTIMATE ARENAS GHEY "18 year old or up" RULE! NO NO NO NO! DAMN IT... maybe my bro will sign up and I play... /me drools like hell. btw, sebby, Im gonna note this here, but when did Cscentral start? I want the exact date
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    i can only guess very when they find out i dont have a bank account. :crazy: Also knowing my look i'll loose :( unless they have a glocking competition:roll:
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48668th
    access_time 16y
    lol, Just lie about your age, How hard is that.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    you know i would neme, but im under age :( hehe we could have a de_rats again
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48668th
    access_time 16y
    Anyone wanna' team up with me in destroying others in UA ?
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    i know, they must be stinking rich
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    wow $10!!!!!!!!!!
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    ;););););););););););) = the amount of ;) smilies in this thread. but this thread is really off topic now, im ashamed sebby. ASHAMED TO THA MAX. but hey, who cares. ALL HAIL SEBBY me you can you see how bored the school holidays make us!
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    dammit. ;) but i have cscentral as my home page ya see ;) no csnation. will u take me back oh jedi master? and don't u find it wierd getting emails from yourself when someone replies in your forum, i do
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    they call me SaM ;) your the sick wierdo cus you don'y like chimps ;) /me runs away to csnation and see if rizzuh will take him
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    well im underage so im sorry. but i can get pictures of naked chimps and prefably in £
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    it's not if you loose it though ;) so you do make money, any chance of good ol' sammy getting some of the action ;)?
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro
    URL to post:
  • SaM avatar
    SaM Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    do they sponsor u or sommet sebby?
    Pro avatar
    Mantra
    Pro