Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

GameBanana Anniversary :D - A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hello everyone! :D

So here we have, middle 2021 - 20 years ago (in 2001) GameBanana's first version was created, and also 10 years since GameBanana has this current name, the previous one was FPSBanana until 2011 as i know.

This is one of the best websites about mods and everything related to it i've ever found, the creators has done huge amount of work, many thanks to you for this awesome website :D

My very first visit here was in far 2013, soon after Black Mesa (Half-Life remake) has been released as a mod version and also thanks to lots of cool mods for it. So if not those awesome mods and this awesome website - i'd never be here i guess.

But i registered here quite recently, in middle 2020 (it was hell of a year, bruh D:). And my very first mod(-s) was created 4 months ago, you can check them out if you want ;)

So officialy i am here only 1 year. And when was your first visit ever, first registration, first submission, and what exactly brought you here (games, mods, something else)? Type it here if y'all interested of course :D
  • Miguel92398 avatar
    Miguel92398 username pic Joined 4y ago
    Don't DM me
    35,103 points Ranked 142nd
    43 medals 5 legendary 13 rare
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    12d
    Ah congratz on your near 1 year!

I remember mine like it was yesterday. Around early 2017, the Smash 3DS Modding scene finally had their model import script and I was a GBATemp user at that time and can't wait to do imports. I only started modding Smash 3DS on January 15 and finished my first texture mod on January 27, 2017 (which later published on the 29th). A day after I published my mod on GBATemp, I later joined Gamebanana and submitted my first mod on the same day, along with two more. HERE HERE

Now, I'm a Smash Ultimate Modder, a continue content creator on Youtube, and giving people advises and suggestions.
    Don't DM me for stuff
    URL to post:
  • w6a7z99 avatar
    w6a7z99 username pic Joined 6y ago
    Not here.
    4,083 points Ranked 2,062nd
    19 medals 3 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    12d
    Interesting post.

I guess, I kind of immediately made an account after finding out about this website? At that time, I was also new to mapping in CS: Source, so my intention at that time was perhaps to share my work... Although, due to how stupid I was... Let's say I wasn't able to comprehend and follow people's suggestions, I ended up trashing all of my work. 

At this moment, I do regret doing that. I even had to ask admins to untrash some of those submissions, so that I can remake the map from scratch, while considering the suggestions that have been abandoned for a while.

Now, I still make maps for CS:S, but I gotta say I miss the times when people are more active because I get to receive feedback/comment on my maps more frequently.
    Worst Mapper You've Ever Seen
    URL to post:
  • Mashu avatar
    Mashu Joined 8y ago
    Shutdown
    873 points Ranked 43,667th
    26 medals 1 legendary 6 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Mods Medal icon
    12d
    i haven't reached FPSB that time but GB 2 years after the launch

i am making a GUIs in CS and HL and make friends with active people here that time

but this couple of months is what i proud of because i can able to do the things somehow that i supposed to 7 years ago.

the only regret i have is leaving this site for 6 years after my 2nd PC finally died.
    2013 Banananite avatar
    Mantra
    2013 Banananite
    URL to post:
  • what brought me to gamebanana was the sonic 3 A.I.R mods and to also comment on others posts but to do the second reason i had to sign up which is exactly what i did ive been a memeber for a few weeks now but im loving this site im always looking for mods on what i want my version of sonic 3 A.I.R to become and if i like a mod enough or see a thread that interests me ill post a comment on it i actually became a member 2 days before my b-day as well and i have a youtube channel and on my channel the content i feature so far is kirby,pokemon,crash bandicoot,super smash bros and more! and in the future mario games are coming to my channel!
    Bananite
    URL to post: