Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

$bbox but lock number (help with w_model) - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

w_models w error exceeds mins

I decided to convert from GoldSRC engine to Source. And when I log into the server, I get an error

Model models\weapons\w_smg_mp5.mdl exceeds mins (-15.0 -25.0 -18.0 vs. -15.0 -12.0 -18.0)

No matter how much I try, the value of -25 does not want to change to the desired -15. I tried to change to others. But what is the opposite, what is needed. Anyway, I can't get into the game with this w_smg_mp5.mdl

Why don’t I just delete the model and play with v_model? Because I WANT and will do everything to the end. This is a situation that I cannot fix.

Details

- Converted the model separately from the original. The result is the same.
- Moved coordinates to 0 0 0 for the model
- Changed many values ​​of $bbox, $hbox, $cbox
- In MilkShape 3D I tried to do something

I convert via crowbar, it does not give errors after conversion.
edit: qc code https://pastebin.com/E69fUL9M

Todos

edit: add qc code
  • MLD avatar
    MLD username pic Joined 4y ago
    12,443 points Ranked 548th
    16 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    3mo
    First check if your sv_consistency set to 0.
    This probably an issue in the physics (collision model).
    Don't try to make one by yourself, just link it to the weapon reference not to physics.smd, for example:
    $collisionmodel "w_mp5_refernce.smd"

And about $cbox/$bbox, just delete those lines, they gonna be generated automatically by the compiler.

If that didn't work, try to replace the new w_smg_mp5.phy by the original one (css vanilla), that sometimes do the trick.
    URL to post: