GameBanana shows no ads to members. Sign up now!
Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Step it up mod requesters!

A Forum Thread for Sonic Adventure 2

A little note to requesters

(Original thread before the edit can be found here https://gamebanana.com/ideas/4566)

For those that request stuff...
You’ve probably noticed that SA2’s lacking in good mods and there’s a minority of us that are carrying the scene here. If you have any original ideas that can make a difference here, please share ‘em. Sonic with giant shoes ain’t gonna make a difference. We need more content here that people can actually enjoy and not just basic cosmetic mods. If you’re gonna make a cosmetic mod, do it right, and please don’t make a simple retexture. Go above and beyond for your mods. There’s only a handful of folks here that are actually showing everyone what’s in-store for SA2.

I also noticed that a lot of these requests are things that no one’s going to bother fulfil. If you’re already aware that no one will follow up the request before submitting it, don’t bother and free up space on the modding page. 

With all of this said, I should note something unrelated. You can only beat Wave Ocean with the 06 character pack as the SET object layout is specifically designed for P-02’s Sonic physics and not SA2’s default physics. It seems that not everyone reads mod descriptions and that’s really sad. Perhaps we could have a feature where you actually have to read what the mod’s about and view the screenshots to then download the mod so everyone’s aware of what it does. Or something like that. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Place your thoughts down below lads and lasses. 
  • RomanTheRTD avatar
    RomanTheRTD username pic Joined 2y ago
    Exploring.
    104 points Ranked 67,427th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    1mo 1mo
    We.. already have them, though. It's just the site places things on the front page because they're the most recent things.
    Stay Crafty! avatar
    Mantra
    Stay Crafty!
    URL to post:
  • HamStar avatar
    HamStar username pic Joined 2y ago
    Ripe Supporter SADX 2004 Manager
    ☆☆☆
    3,743 points Ranked 2,239th
    17 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Achieved Game Manager clearance Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    1mo
    >>>Ideas
    There are no bad Sonic games. avatar
    Mantra
    There are no bad Sonic games.
    URL to post:
  • ShawnGuku avatar
    ShawnGuku Joined 1y ago
    4,179 points Ranked 1,734th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    1mo
    I'm personally very interested in doing character model swaps, but the guides existing to do so aren't very comprehensive. Every guide I find is either difficult to follow or seems to assume I know a lot of things I don't already. Ideally, I'd like to see someone make a comprehensive video tutorial that covers all the bases so anyone can pick up Blender and give it a shot.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • I would go for a riders sonic character mod because I always loved that design. But when I did a request for it, it wasn’t delivered sadly. Maybe someday someone will make it though.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SlainLBS avatar
    SlainLBS Joined 2y ago
    Resting/Working
    355 points Ranked 50,176th
    19d
    I would love to learn how to model but unfortunality i dont have the time to do it cuz i got many things in life that makes it more difficult so faq my life and faq everything
    BlueStripes avatar
    Mantra
    BlueStripes
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

-[DEXTERITY]- avatar