GameBanana shows no ads to members. Sign up now!
Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

The COMPLETE List of Sonic Boll 1.9.3 Easter Eggs!

A Forum Thread for Sonic Boll

Version used: Sonic Boll, 1.9.3 Build

Easter eggs are a good tool to spruce up a game's quality and are a great way to give new players a sense that the game creators put all their heart and soul into the game, as well as giving veteran players that already won the game tenfold times a bit more mileage or even a surprise or two whilst playing. Sonic Boll is no stranger to this as they stuffed all they could into this project. As so, I've written a comprehensive list of all easter eggs in this great game.

Of course, this list and I aren't perfect so we'll likely miss some easter eggs. As so, I'll accept any additional references and easter eggs I've missed so that I can add to this list. I'll also credit anyone that added onto this. I should probably add that these are going to spoil the surprise so if you prefer to witness these raw and without any prior knowledge, THIS IS THE PART IN WHICH YOU CLICK OFF UNTIL YOU'RE READY TO WITNESS THESE!

Green Text - Shoutout to people which helped me in creating this list via comments, inspiration, confirmation, etc.

(Current Version Represented: Build 1.9.3)

In-game Easter Eggs:
These ones are the easiest to find as they are seen within the game itself whilst playing. As so, no special codes or timed inputs aren't needed but a knowledge of where to go and what to do in the game to find these.

IWBTG Easter Egg:  This is the easiest easter egg to find in Sonic Boll. All you need to do is walk to the left of the screen and it will scroll to reveal a tree and some delicious fruit. When under the fruit, they will automatically fall and kill your character no matter which power-up you have. This will bring up a game-over screen similar to the "I Wanna Be The Guy" game, the "GAME OVER YEAHHHHHH" yell and all. This is the way to unlock "The Kid".

Minus World & Rescuing Ashura: Much like the original glitch from SMB1, if you go to the furthermost left pipe without going in the middle or right of the Warp Room, you'll activate the -1 World easter egg including four recreation of -1 World levels even going as far to have the corrupted and glitched out sprites as well. When you go to the toad bag after completing World -4, Ashura hops out and poses with your character. Much like "The Kid", this easter egg is the way to unlock the character.

Hotel Mario Easter Egg (Pointed out by Super Pitar): To activate this easter egg, you need two players: P1 as Luigi and P2 as Mario. Next, after starting, hold H for a chance for a one second clip of the intro sequence to play before entering the level. This is a nod to a meme in which Mario and Luigi walk into frame onto a landscape which either doesn't fit them or is before an event happens. This meme is pretty much a mixture of a "perfectly cut" meme and a "images before devastating disasters" memes. 

Ingame - Key and Date Events: (Pointed out by Bloom Dissent)
This section is very similar to the "In-Game Easter Eggs" section in terms of that these do happen "In-game" as the name suggests but the difference is that these require a certain date or key to pressed in order for something to happen. Sadly, I don't have enough time to write down all the easter eggs as there are a lot as suggested by the comment by Blossom Dissent. However, I didn't want to not feature this section as it is a big addition to the list that I can't just ignore so I'm going with this compromise. I will update this section as soon as I'll understand all of the methods and setups to them

What I can provide however is a list of these easter eggs. Granted, they won't have the methods beside them as the other sections do at this moment but, hey, it's better than making this section a glorified placeholder until I've got a full list of easter eggs from this one. Speaking of which, here they are (These are quotes from Bloom Dissent themselves, I'll later replace the quotes as soon as I can begin rewriting this section)

Retainers - These are a big change as these apperently come with a random chance with being replaced with other characters. The one I know about is the one with Jotaro from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure showing up and saying his iconic line: "Yare Yare Daze". - "There's a chance that instead of a retainer, Jotaro is at the end, saying "Yare yare daze" & I believe there are a few other alternative retainers, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. You'll encounter them fairly easily if you set your computer's date to April Fools/Easter, can't remember which one."

Guile - Apperently, there is a chance that Guile can spawn in World 8-4. As of now, I don't know how he works or what he does but here is the direct auoe from Bloom. - "I think there's a rare chance that Guile can appear in 8-4."

Title Screen Easter Eggs:

These are some easter eggs for the Sonic Boll Title Screen that I've discovered. All of these work by clicking a corresponding key before the "Boll" loads onto the screen. This may sound difficult but just slightly spamming the key works fine and allows you to easily activate the easter eggs. Most of these just change the graphics for the title screen and have no bearing on the actual game, I presume.

These are listed in the order of a typical keyboard as I tried all of these sequentially. Though I might've missed these to being crap at this or not choosing to try a certain key.

Q - The title screen replaces Sonic with another Mario and the text as "Mario Squar". The "Boll" is also replaced with a cube that is the same colour as the boll. Suggested by tarkan809, this may be a reference to "The Rootspread Universe" and/or possibly a classic Vargskelethor meme of "You Fucking Idiot" in which Joel edited the ending screen of a Super Mario World bootleg to have all three characters displaying Luigi's face and having the text change to "YOU FUCKING IDIOT".

W - This easter egg is fully Waluigi centered. Mario and Sonic are replaced by Waluigi renders and the boll's graphic is just a Waluigi face. The Text has Waluigi poorly scribbled onto the Sonic part of "Sonic Boll" and the ground is white with a bunch of Waluigi symbols with the same Waluigi render replacing all shruberry and objects in the background.

T - The title screen is a swapped version of the original, with Luigi and Tails appearing instead. The game is also renamed "Tails Triangel" and the Boll is replaced with a yellow Icosahedron, similar to a D20 dice in D&D (or some shape similar to that, I can't be bothered to count the sides and research what type of shape it is).

A - The Boll is replaced with the popular meme "SANICBALL" and the text is replaced with "SANIC THE HEDGEHOG".

S - This replaces Mario, Sonic and the Boll with a .png of a bowl of potato crisps with accompanying text which says "SNACK BOWL". Fun Fact: Someone made a skin referencing this easter egg! (Link on the bottom).

K - This input changes the boll into an orange-yellow shade and has the Knuckles sprite from the title screen from Sonic & Knuckles appear. Text which says "Knuckles the Echidna in:" then pushes the logo down slightly. This whole sequence is a reference to the title screen to the version of Sonic 1 when combined with the "Lock-On Technology" present in the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, known for creating the prolific "& KNUCKLES" meme.

C - This key makes the saturation of the tite screen go up and make it run less smooth. The music is also replaced with the Sonic The Hedgehog 8-Bit Title Screen music. This is probably a reference to the 8-Bit Sonic ports. Additionally, this may be a reference to Sonic Boll 1.0.0 to 1.7, which is usually seen as "Sonic Boll CLASSIC" and used Sonic 8-Bit Port music.

M - This easter egg makes the title screen "Minecraft-style" with the Boll being replaced with a Grass Block and Mario + Sonic being Minecraft Steve skins. The logo text is written in a font similar to the logo of Minecraft and even features small yellow text slanted to the right side which reads "This text is hard to read in the default resolution, but in 1080p is fine!" which itself is a reference to the subtext easter eggs present in Minecraft's title screen. The land under the logo is also changed to have grass sprites from the game. Even the remix is a noteblock remix of the theme!

3 - Surprisingly, clicking 3 starts off the theme to Sonic 3D Blast until playing the full intro to it until cutting back to the regular title screen. This is most likely a reference to how Sonic Boll uses songs from the OST of Sonic 3D Blast.

Special Thanks to: BlossomUtonium, Cyanio, KirbyAndBlossomFan10 and Super Piter for answering in other easter egg forums and ultimately helping in the creation of this list.

The "SNACK BOWL" skin by Snack Bowlhttps://gamebanana.com/skins/178470

EASTER EGGS USING THE GAME CONSOLE
Finally, there are some final easter eggs that I know of that are slightly more difficult to execute as they require you to delve into the game console so I'm giving them a seperate section. Yet again, these shouldn't affect your overall files as long as you close the game window and relaunch the game.

DERP SONIC:

1. Open up the game console on the title screen. This is done by clicking '. Though, this can happen whenever you want along with all over of these easter eggs involving the game console.

2. Next type "Go to: 1". 1 can be substituted with any number you want.

Afterwards, the title screen should be replaced with an image of a Derpy-looking 3D Blast Sonic render slowly zooming into the screen. The song playing is called "Cloudcones by Zabutom and Nagz". Please note that you can't start the game afterwards in the same session.

(For a better explanation of this particular easter egg, check out W0ahsmea's tutorial as he was the one who shown me this easter egg - https://gamebanana.com/threads/217985)

T-POSE MODE:

1. Anywhere in the game, activate the game console using '.

2. Type in "tpose".

This easter egg cancels all animations for the player's character, leaving them in the standing position. You can easily end this mode by typing in tpose again or by relaunching the game.

BOLLWAVE MODE - Pointed out by - Davisudo, Gameobatts and Giancarlo1987:

1. Activate the console by pressing ' like always.
2. Type in "Bollwave" into the console.

Afterwards, the screen should be give a purplish tint and a CRTV-filter to give it that Vaporwave aesthetic and the music is slowed down. This is a reference to an earlier mode in the leaked build of 1.9 and requests for it to return.

FLOOR IS LAVA MODE - Pointed out by - EthGaming101:

1. Open the game console through pressing '.
2. Type in "Lava" into the console.

With this code, the levels are automatically redesigned to have parts of the floor be replaced with lava. This references a mode that was avaliable to be chosen in 1.9.2. I'll warn you now, this will make your game lag a bit. Fun Fact: This code also works with custom levels as the game automatically fills out chunks of the floor to also be out of lava so you don't have to worry about manually placing the lava spots in your level! 

ACTIVATE BLOOD (18+ I guess?) - Pointed out by - EthGaming101:

1. Open the game console with '.
2. Type in "Blood" into the game console.

When this code is active, the enemies will spew out blood when killed. This blood animation is reused from The Kid's death animation. The particles of blood do go away after a second or two to prevent lag though attacking mutliple enemies at once will produce a lot of blood and thus lag.

As so, these are all the easter eggs I could find in Sonic Boll! If you known about any other easter eggs in the currently most up-to-date version then be sure to write it in the comments and I'll credit you and add the easter egg into the list!

Todos

Check out the "April Fools/Easter" stuff, analyse it and write it onto the list. High Priority
  • Giancarlo1987 avatar
    Giancarlo1987 Joined 9d ago
    access_time 9d
    Vaporwave Mode's code is: bollwave.
    • Thanks x 1
    Proud Sonic fan.
    URL to post:
  • Gameobatts avatar
    Gameobatts Joined 3mo ago
    6 points Ranked 53563rd
    4 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 9d
    pretty sure the vaporwave code is "bollwave"
    • Thanks x 1
    Guy who has a cartoon
    URL to post:
  • davisudo avatar
    davisudo username pic Joined 1y ago
    Not Online here
    133 points Ranked 64434th
    18 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Tools Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    davisudo avatar
    davisudo
    Sonic Boll Mods 'n Tools Flag
    Affiliation
    Sonic Boll Mods 'n Tools
    access_time 9d

"Vaporwave Mode - Forgot the Console code!"

its bollwave
    • Thanks x 1
    My hands are dangerous weapons avatar
    Mantra
    My hands are dangerous weapons
    URL to post:
  • Gameobatts avatar
    Gameobatts Joined 3mo ago
    6 points Ranked 53563rd
    4 medals 1 rare
    access_time 9d
    "Suggested by - Davisudo, Gameobatt"
    it's gameobatts
    not gameobatt
    Guy who has a cartoon
    URL to post:
  • EthGaming101 avatar
    EthGaming101 Joined 1y ago
    OC Boll Team Flag Affiliation: OC Boll Team
    150 points Ranked 62310th
    EthGaming101 OC Boll Team Flag
    Affiliation
    OC Boll Team
    access_time 8d edit 8d
    There is a "floor is lava" mode. To activate it, type "lava" in the console, then reload the level. There's also a "blood" command, which makes all the enemies spew blood upon death.
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    Strange teste-wndbhegsnm,/c jx
    URL to post:
  • BlossomUtonium avatar
    BlossomUtonium username pic Joined 5mo ago
    I'm busy.
    202 points Ranked 57423rd
    11 medals 1 rare
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    BlossomUtonium avatar
    BlossomUtonium
    Sonic Boll Mods 'n Tools Flag
    Affiliation
    Sonic Boll Mods 'n Tools
    access_time 8d
    Yes, the complete list of Boll secrets. Thanks for posting this, and also, no problem! (For thanking me)
    Sonic Boll Skin Creator avatar
    Mantra
    Sonic Boll Skin Creator
    URL to post:
  • Pixel_Pedro avatar
    Pixel_Pedro Joined 2mo ago
    Probably eating
    82 points Ranked 69542nd
    access_time 8d
    welp, i have 1.2.3 and unlocked ashura by minus world, and kid by dying by the delicious fruits
    a random person avatar
    Mantra
    a random person
    URL to post:
  • BloomDissent avatar
    BloomDissent Joined 3mo ago
    Boll Team Flag Affiliation: Boll Team
    236 points Ranked 55073rd
    BloomDissent Boll Team Flag
    Affiliation
    Boll Team
    access_time 7d edit 7d
    You are missing multiple in-game easter eggs. Said easter eggs are triggered randomly or through specific keyboard keys in certain situations.
    porky pine
    URL to post:
  • Super Piter avatar
    Super Piter username pic Joined 1y ago
    I'm SLOOPIN
    611 points Ranked 44549th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    access_time 4d
    There is a actually a Hotel Mario easter egg, but to make that happen, it's quite rare for it to happen, First you need to have 2 players, Second choose P1 as Luigi and P2 as Mario, once it's done start and hold down H for a chance for a 1 second clip from the intro sequence to appear before booting back to the level.
    • Funny x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Thanks x 1
    Enjoy your Quarantine. avatar
    Mantra
    Enjoy your Quarantine.
    URL to post:
  • The Cheesy Potato avatar
    The Cheesy Potato Joined 17d ago
    111 points Ranked 68277th
    access_time 4d
    Just wanted to point out that the characters are not actually unlocked from the start in 1.9.3, it's just the code for being locked and unlocked is the same as 1.9.2, so if you upgrade, you keep them.
    • Thanks x 1
    Professional Potato avatar
    Mantra
    Professional Potato
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author