Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Are Doom rpg 1 and 2 canon (as well as Final Doom) - A Forum Thread for Doom

Are Doom rpg 1 and 2 canon (as well as Final Doom)

I'm not so sure about this, so I'm asking you. Are the doom rpg games canon? I'm not sure, so if you know tell me. If you also know were it fits into the timeline, please tell me. Final doom is just a side thing. Pretty sure It's canon, but it might not be.
  • Cristyan2409 avatar
    Cristyan2409 username pic Joined 2y ago
    370 points Ranked 52,484th
    1y
    Well.. i don't even know if the mobile doom rpg games are canon,but i afford to you is that i don't accept final doom as
    canon,but the order goes from:
    Doom I -> Doom II -> Doom 64 -> Doom (2016) -> Doom Eternal.
    (Doom 3 isn't in the timeline,but it is optional to another order that goes to Doom 64 or Doom (2016) after Doom 3,for example:Doom 3 -> Doom 64 -> Doom (2016) - Doom Eternal or
    Doom 3 - Doom (2016) - Doom Eternal.)
    also i don't certainly know if doom rpg games are canon,but i tried...(Also playing Doom exp [offi_xp.pk3] now)

Defeating evil since 2004. avatar
    Mantra
    Defeating evil since 2004.
    URL to post:
  • Bull Demon avatar
    Bull Demon Joined 2y ago
    1,551 points Ranked 22,839th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    11mo
    doom RPG were great games , I loved them , they should have been cannon , wolfenstein RPG seems to be cannon since the harbinger of doom you fight in the end is the same one you fight in doom , in wolfenstein RPG , the harbinger says that his (B.J's ) descendants will suffer . . and in doom rpg (the protagonist or one of the protagonists ) is named Stan Blazcowicks , who has to fight the cyberdemon . . it is possible to establish a proper and organized story which ties both wolfenstein and doom in a same chronological timeline comprising of all the games released to this day . . however back in the days , doom devs did not consider giving that much importance to the story , too bad :-( 
    Bananite avatar
    Mantra
    Bananite
    URL to post: