Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

How do I replace Metrocop death sounds?

A Forum Thread for Half-Life 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
To keep it short, I'm working on a Metrocop revoice mod, and I've had relatively few troubles with replacing CP voice files, except for their death sounds. I've recorded death sounds, and put them in the correct directory where they *should* be replaced, but they just don't. When I test in game, they still use their default death noises. I've made sure the recordings are the same length as the original, but that didn't do much. I even tried renaming my sounds, then editing the metrocop script text document to play my specific sounds when they die, but that didn't work either. I haven't had this problem with any of the other voice files, just death sounds. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can fix it?
  • MrBlacky avatar
    MrBlacky Joined 2y ago
    not here
    2,126 points Ranked 20624th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    access_time 16d
    metrocop death sounds are in overwatch/radiovoice folder,not in metropolice one (i think so) 
    Dull and usually inactive avatar
    Mantra
    Dull and usually inactive
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

MaiYass avatar