Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Has anyone found a way to remove the MyM buttons?

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
So, it's already been a couple of years, I think three by this point, since Meet your Match came out with it's immense variety of issues, and while some have been dealt with I still have many issues with it. Namely, the fact the TF Team once again found a way to gimp customization of the game, this time in the menu. Ever since the update came out I've been trying to find a way to remove the bar at the top of the game's menu, and some ways have almost worked, but it's never perfect.

My request, is has someone ever managed to find a way to fully remove them? On top of that, has anyone even figured out how to redirect the commands said buttons use to other buttons to potentially nullify the need for the pull-out menus entirely? Instead turning the pullouts into pup-up menus like TF2 used to use? Because as far as I can tell, in all the time I've spent trying to make the menu look more like ANY of the previous versions where the menu space was utilized with actual buttons as opposed to useless stats, it is starting to seem like all of these ugly MyM elements are hard-coded as they are, and cannot be edited in any way, especially since when I feel like I found the commands the buttons used, they WOULD NOT WORK when assigned to any other buttons, unless they were old, un-used commands still left in the game, like "find_game", and "mannup" I presume are given they do nothing, anymore.

I unfortunately know the party menu needs to be kept, that's a necessity because of just how the game works, now, but there at least has to be a way to remove the need for all the slide-down menus, the ugly green button at the top right, and even perhaps a way to make all the options of the slide-out menus appear on pop-ups instead like pre-MyM TF2 used. I'm just desperate to find out something that will allow for more customization again, because that is just another aspect of TF2 that was stripped away in my eyes, and piles onto the reasons I just don't play it as much as I used to, anymore. Any input on how to have more customization over the menu is appreciated, because after about three years, I've made basically no eventful progress.

No replies yet

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter