Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

We need to improve our decompiles (read)

A Forum Thread for Baldi's Basics

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
Hello. I'm sorry for making another one of these "ranting" threads again (i quote ranting since I'm not really going on a rant on this thread) But I feel like for this it's for the better good since I've been seeing A LOT of this recently. Now I'm just gonna quickly disclaimer that I DON'T hate or dislike decompiles what so ever since I'm making my own myself that all you know about that's actually almost finished (like really close) so if you read this thread then you'll understand that I'm NOT trying to be a hypocrite in any shape or form. 

It's just that I've been a LOT and I mean A LOT of Baldi decompiles where it's just the "Baldi's basics but with stuff changes" style which is kind of starting to annoy me off. The reason for this is just that we have the capability to do SO much with decompiles and I feel we're just wasting that opportunity. I'm not gonna name specific Baldi mods that I'm targeting since there's a lot and feel like that would feel like i'm attacking that person specifically. Since even MissingTexture101 said (the person popularized them with the Open Source Baldi project) on a post someone made about decompiles saying that decompiles aren't bad, and it's just that we don't know how to make something out of it. What I'm trying to say is to take advantage of the power we have in decompiles instead of just wasting it with just changing Baldi is the slightest bit sort-est way. A decompile mod that I think does this correctly (trying my best not to biased here) is Baldi's Basics In a Little Bit Of Everything, and I think it does it correctly because it's unlike the other mods I'm talking about and completely redoes the school with a lot of mechanics and even new characters and definitely doesn't fit the category of what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is too make the 1.3.2 mod and then decompile it to actually make it seem like a Baldi mod. 

I hope you understand what I'm trying to point out with this thread
Cheers!!
  • Datonemodder981 avatar
    Datonemodder981 username pic Joined 8mo ago
    HERE TO DO MODS
    ?
    773 points Ranked 42475th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    access_time 19d
    but what will happen if people are not that good at decompiles?
    YO BOIIII ITS ME DATONEMODDER avatar
    Mantra
    YO BOIIII ITS ME DATONEMODDER
    URL to post:
  • Paulor94 avatar
    Paulor94 Joined 1y ago
    1,192 points Ranked 23475th
    14 medals 2 rare
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    access_time 19d
    I understand. I'm actually doing it right now though. In my Baldi basic random maps series which I made a completely new map, new stuff and even new characters in some maps. I didn't use the open source Baldi project to do the map though. I only use that just to see how it was being made and remake it in the new Unity project which that's how I did with my first custom map called "Baldi new schoolhouse" and in the later map, I use Baldi new schoolhouse map to make a completely new map. Didn't use the game itself though.
    Always basic but fun
    URL to post:
  • Baldiisagoodperson avatar
    Baldiisagoodperson username pic Joined 8mo ago
    Eating at KFC
    1,592 points Ranked 21645th
    16 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    • Thanked 50 submitters Medal icon