Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Botw HD Textures

A Forum Thread for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

Botw HD Textures

Breath of the wild has been released for over 2 years and the game looks beautiful today. However, the textures are anything but contemporary. Many have a low resolution and I find that they look very mushy especially nearby. Currently there are very good upscaling algorithms that not only smooth pixels, but also add details. This may make it easier to create multiple high-resolution textures without changing the style. Would someone take care of this project?
  • banan039 avatar
    banan039 Joined 2mo ago
    ?
    access_time 9d
    According to my research botw is reluctant to accept higher resolution textures. That means its not impossible but its definitely not that urgent for modding community imho
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SirenBrink avatar
    SirenBrink Joined 2y ago
    access_time 9d
    it's certainly doable but I wouldn't expect any 4K ultraresolution texture packs any time soon. It's tough to add higher resolution textures to sbfres files because it requires a bit of hex editing on a file-by-file basis. Luckily we have BCML now so the RSTB entries can be updated dynamically.

2x resolution using ESRGAN or something similar should be feasible.
    I like puppies.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category