Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Open .DDS files

A Forum Thread for Pokemon Sword & Shield

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
i know that the actual guide from let's go games on how to retexture says to use photoshop, but not everyone can spare the change to use the program and a 7 day trial is just simply not enough. So, like some people, I opt in for using the Gimp program and have added the .dds master plugin folder from the gimp repository. However, some files can be opened and some cannot. Of the files that cannot be opened the following errors are given:

Unsupported DXGI format (99)
Unsupported DXGI format (98)

If anyone is experienced with using Gimp for texture edits (which just to say i dont have a problem with editing .dds images from breath of the wild only pokemon) what is the resolution for unsopported DXGI formats?  Doing some searching yields that it's something to do with newer .dds formats. I just don't see any listing for how to fix this.
  • DuoForce avatar
    DuoForce Joined 3y ago
    access_time 2mo
    Just export them as PNGs with ToolBox.  The dude who made the LGPE guide must of been on drugs or something because he uses all the shitty tools and not the up to date ones 
    Appletun, Gigantamax!
    URL to post:
  • Alfa1337 avatar
    Alfa1337 Joined 13y ago
    REDEMPT Manager WANTED! Manager
    Boogie
    19,279 points Ranked 280th
    34 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 2mo
    Not sure, but it's for other games. I tried different kind of DDS plugin, however, this plugin works for the game I used, and later, Generals, Skyrim.

Not sure if you are using that one.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

VanitysFire avatar
VanitysFire Joined 1y ago
174 points Ranked 58560th