Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

A Possible Way to Confirm/Deconfirm Video Leak

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

The recent video leak is probably a replay, which means we can test something!

Ok, so hear me out.

There are things seen in the leak that suggest that the video we are seeing is not live gameplay, but replay data saved onto the test copy. First, this explains how a leaker would be able to record this footage and play at the same time: he wasn't. A topic of interest for this leak is the fact that the Mii Fighters do not have names, they are simply labeled Mii Brawler and Mii Gunner. Normally, in live gameplay, this is impossible as "Mii Brawler" exceeds the character limit. But the cool thing is that Miis have default names when a replay of them is viewed. The lack of the dev menu in the bottom right corner (that was seen in the Ken leak) can also be explained by this. The match itself has a frozen timer, and is a stock match, as seen in the first image we were given. Also, you can just barely spy a Ken stock in one of the videos. With stocks, the match is able to be finished and a replay to be saved.

Now, the question is, if you were to save a replay of a match that had a timer that is frozen or changed during the match, would that be reflected in the replay? Or would the replay run the timer as normal?

And that's why I'm here. To ask this question. I figured someone might've tried making a mod that freezes the timer just to see how hard it would be. I'm not capable of doing this myself. But if someone could try recording this, it would go a long way towards proving or disproving this video leak!

I understand people here probably have better things to do. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask

Thanks for reading :)

EDIT:
And obviously, it'd make sense to wait until after the Terry Showcase this morning to see if the costumes drop, rendering this pointless, but chances are they won't be. There's not going to be a new fighter reveal. If the leak's real, the costumes will probably come out in 2020

Replies

• Roadhog360 avatar
    Roadhog360 username pic Joined 3y ago
    Ripe Supporter 100% OJ Manager Moderator
    Never Leaving
    ?
    6,092 points Ranked 1064th
    23 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Became a Ripe Supporter Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Achieved Game Manager clearance Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    Roadhog360 avatar
    Roadhog360
    Road Hogger
    access_time 9d
    I think the "Mii Brawler" name tag was possible since all three players could simply just not have been using name tags. If you're not using a tag, your fighter's name will appear even outside of a replay.

iRoad avatar
    Mantra
    iRoad
    URL to post:
  • Bromaster avatar
    Bromaster Joined 11mo ago
    access_time 9d
    it was fake
    Bro's Master avatar
    Mantra
    Bro's Master
    URL to post:
  • MicManGuy avatar
    MicManGuy Joined 9d ago
    access_time 9d
    It's definitely Smash Ultimate (not WiiU). And it's definitely not normally possible to play a Mii Fighter without a nickname. Check my replies to each comment respectively.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • AwesomeLuigi48 avatar
    AwesomeLuigi48 Joined 2y ago
    AwesomeLuigi48 M-I-R-R-O-R-R-E-D Team Flag
    Affiliation
    M-I-R-R-O-R-R-E-D Team
    access_time 9d
    If it is a replay, maybe that is why the debug menu is not there.
    Kirb
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category