Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

How do you mod textures

A Forum Thread for DELTARUNE

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
I went to mod textures for the game not the sounds the textures I am working on a random mod I Do not know what its called but I need to mod textures so please help me...
  • ToughSun14 avatar
    ToughSun14 Joined 2y ago
    175 points Ranked 58143rd
    access_time 6d
    Well, first, you will need to download a tool known as "UndertaleModTool". Here's a link to the latest version: https://github.com/krzys-h/UndertaleModTool/releases . After you download it, use it to open the "data.win" file in Deltarune, and look for the "EmbeddedTextures" tab. This tab contains all the texture sheets that control every texture in the game. Find the sheet with the specific texture you want to replace, export it as a .png file, modify the specific texture (be careful with the placing, as you might end up clipping it out of the "viewbox" in game.), then import the modified texture sheet, and then save the data.win file (preferably, backup the original file) as "data.win", then open Deltarune, and if everything was done correctly, your modded texture should work.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Announcement

More well made mods coming soon - Datonemodder981

Author