Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Loading Map Crash

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
Hello, I hope you are all well.

So, recently I've downloaded some maps from here, I am intended to play with it with bots, but some of the maps I've downloaded is redirecting me to my desktop, for a lack of better word. There were no crash reports or one of those "not responding" pop-up message. Though I am sure that I installed it correctly, but I feel something rather off.

So, if anyone has any idea how to fix this (or linking me to an older, available thread discussing the same problem as I have here), I would be very grateful.

Best regards,
Sherza.

Replies

• Alfa1337 avatar
    Alfa1337 Joined 13y ago
    REDEMPT Manager WANTED! Manager
    Boogie
    17,776 points Ranked 297th
    31 medals 3 legendary 7 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 2mo
    If you have the dev console on (do not close it), there would be errors showing up.
    URL to post:
  • doctorn0 avatar
    doctorn0 Joined 8mo ago
    227 points Ranked 55008th
    access_time 2mo
    Hello FRIEND! I strongly encourage you to check out my server and join my counter strike source community and MOTDPAGE. I have specifically invested money and a lot of time into developing the perfect server for fellow community gamers! ESPECIALLY HERE ON GAMEBANANA =]!!! i have over 200 custom maps uploaded to my server from game banana and a few other sources (mostly gamebanana) and i also have kick idle off - friendly fire off. 20 bots (good size) kicked on player join. with sourcemod installed so if your alone and YOU HAVE THE MAP DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED you can type nominate in chat to pick ANY map and then type rtv in chat to switch to the map you picked INSTANTLY. this is a united state east coast server so i really really hope you can connect to it i think my server will be just what your looking for. oh yeah and my server has NO WEAPON BANS which every single damn server in source is awp/semiauto snipers banned. Its really thee best server online in source right now. ALSO if there are ANY maps that are not listed in my maplist on the motdpage please just let me know and i will literally add it to the roster and server FOR YOU! <3
    SERVER INFO:.. HERE_______________
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/198.20.68.194:27015/
    MOTD PAGE:... HERE_______________
    http://riddleb0x.rf.gd/css/motdpage.php

It is very important to have all the files that come with the map installed correctly. even sound files can crash a running game. as far as i know there is 1 map cs/or/de_number13_b3 or something like that, i didnt add the sound files and it crashes the server the server switches to a default map when it does right after so watch for that map till i fix it. other than that make sure the maps arent renamed or files arent renamed from originals etc.
    thee0ccult
    URL to post:
  • Sherza avatar
    Sherza Joined 2mo ago
    access_time 2mo
    Update:

So, I opened the console and it said that I'm missing some particle files. How do I fix this since I do not see any particles folder in my base game directory? Should I unpack all the .vpk files or was it something else?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • mikkokko avatar
    mikkokko Joined 3y ago
    5,902 points Ranked 1110th
    14 medals 3 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    access_time 2mo
    If you're using an older non-steam version most custom maps won't load because they changed the format in 2013.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Sherza avatar
Sherza Joined 2mo ago
Sherza