Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

What do the names in a weapon's .bgparamlist mean?

A Forum Thread for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free

Updates

menu
Version 1.1 20d
  • Adjustment Added explanations to GuardBreakPower, SpHit, IsHammer, ChemicalEnergy, and PoweredSharpAddRapidFire, and took away an incorrect meaning for Rank.
I've been messing around with the .bgparamlist of a few melee weapons, and I have noticed that a few elements of these lists aren't very clear on what they change about the weapon. A few of them are pretty straight forward, but I was hoping a few more experienced individuals could enlighten me on the meanings of the rest of these weapon qualities. I'm gonna right down all of the elements and fill in the few that I know, and I would appreciate if others could post the meanings of the ones I leave blank.

Speed: _____

Life: Weapon durability

IsLifeInfinite: If true, weapon never breaks. If false, it will eventually break

ElectricalDischarge: ______

IsBurnOutBorn: ______

BurnOutBornName: _______

IsBurnOutBornIdent: ______

ChangeDropTableName: ______

Power: Damage

Impulse: _________

ImpulseLarge: _______

Range: _______

GuardBreakPower: Determines how easy it is to knock away enemy shield

SpHitActor: Enemies that take more damage from weapon

SpHitTag: ________

SpHitRatio: How much extra damage is dealt. 

SpWeakHitActor: Enemies that take less damage from weapon. 

PowerForPlayer: ________

PlayerEqScale: Weapon size when wielded by Link

EnemyEqScale: Weapon size when wielded by enemies

GuardPower: Amount of defense added

IsHammer: If true, weapon breaks ore deposit in one hit. If false, it doesn’t. 

IsWeakBreaker: ______

IsBoomerang: if true, weapon flies like a boomerang when thrown. If false, it doesn't

IsBlunt: if true, the weapon doesn't cut grass or trees well. If false, it does.

IsLuckyWeapon: ________

IsPikohan: if true, the last hit sends enemies flying like the Spring Loaded Hammer. If false, it doesn't.

IsThrowingWeapon: If true, the weapon can be thrown. If false, it can't.

IsThrowingBreakWeapon: If true, throwing the weapon at an enemy will immediately break the weapon. If false, it won't break when thrown.

ThrowRange: How far the weapon goes when thrown.

DreadActor: _______

ThroughActor: _______

NPCWeaponType: _______

IsNotOnTerrorHold: _______

IsAsOffUnEquiped: ________

ChemicalEnergyMax: Determines how much energy an elemental weapon has

ChemicalEnergyRecoverRate: Determines how quickly an elemental weapon regains energy

ChemicalEnergyRecoverInterval: ________

StickDamage: ________

ShootBeam: ________

DropFromPorchRot: ________

SharpWeaponPer: Odds of a rank 1 weapon getting a blue bonus.

SharpWeaponAddAtkMin: Minimum attack added when weapon gets attack bonus.

SharpWeaponAddAtkMax: Maximum attack added when weapon gets attack bonus.

SharpWeaponAddLifeMin: Minimum durability added when weapon gets durability bonus.

SharpWeaponAddLifeMax: Maximum durability added when weapon gets durability bonus.

SharpWeaponAddCrit: If true, it's possible for the weapon to get the critical hit bonus. If false, it's not possible.

SharpWeaponAddGuardMin: Minimum defense added when shield gets the guard up bonus.

SharpWeaponAddGuardMax: Maximum defense added when shield gets the guard up bonus.

PoweredSharpAddAtkMin: Minimum attack added when weapon gets enhanced attack bonus.

PoweredSharpAddAtkMax: Maximum attack added when weapon gets enhanced attack bonus.

PoweredSharpAddLifeMin: Minimum durability added when weapon gets enhanced durability bonus.

PoweredSharpAddLifeMax: Maximum durability added when weapon gets enhanced durability bonus.

PoweredSharpWeaponAddGuardMin: Minimum defense added when shield gets the enhanced guard up bonus.

PoweredSharpWeaponAddGuardMax: Maximum defense added when shield gets the enhanced guard up bonus.

PoweredSharpAddThrowMin: Minimum throw distance added when weapon gets throw bonus

PoweredSharpAddThrowMax: Maximum throw distance added when weapon gets throw bonus

PoweredSharpAddSpreadFire: If true, it's possible for the bow to get a multishot bonus. If false, it's not possible.

PoweredSharpAddZoomRapid: If true, it's possible for the bow to get zoom in bonus. If false, it's not possible.

PoweredSharpAddRapidFireMin: Minimum speed added to bow of bow gets rapid fire bonuses

PoweredSharpAddRapidFireMax: Maximum speed added to bow of bow gets rapid fire bonuses

PoweredSharpAddSurfMaster: If true, it's possible for shield to get shield surf up bonus. If false, it's not possible.

WeaponThrow: ______

I'm not expecting one person to fill in all of the blanks, but if you know one or two of the meanings of the elements I left blank, or you notice one of the explanations I wrote is wrong, please post it in this thread and I'll edit it into this post so it stays up to date.

Replies

• TheKeyofE avatar
    TheKeyofE Joined 4mo ago
    access_time 20d edit 20d
    You should check the Zelda Mods Wiki: https://zeldamods.org/wiki/Main_Page. Some of these are defined there.

You can also ask on the Zelda BOTW Modding Hub on Discord.

A lot of these have not been defined yet, so I don't know if anyone knows what they do.

I know what some of them do, so I'll try to list them:
    -- I think that Impulse has to do with how far enemies fly when you hit them, but I'm not certain.
    -- Range should be the reach of the weapon (look at some spears and they should have higher values than swords).
    -- GuardBreakPower is how easy it is to knock away an enemy's shield.
    -- The SpHit values are for when certain weapons do extra damage against certain enemies (like Guardian and Ancient weapons doing more damage to Guardians).
    -- I don't think that Rank is related to bonuses. I'm not sure what it does, but the weapon bonuses are handled by the SharpWeapon values further down.
    -- IsHammer means if it breaks ore deposits in one hit. It also affects bonus damage vs. Taluses.
    -- The ChemicalEnergy values have to do with the recharge rate for elemental weapons.
    -- PoweredSharpAddRapidFireMin/Max is for bows with the Rapid Fire yellow bonus.
    My spoon is too big.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SilverSense1 avatar
SilverSense1 Joined 3y ago