optimizing models (and a little help with texture)

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike 1.6

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Like the tittle says, for optimizing a model is better low vert or low triangles? ported a model
from source with 36k vert, after reducing it with blender i endend on 9k vert counter (Or it blender sait.
) but compiled in hlmv sait 12k poly (i use a edited vercion of 1.6 with 386 poly count)
from that question i decided to ask here

other question i have is the amount of textures can affect the fps, the original port what made
have only have a 1 512x512 texture from all weapon (I sait, 512x512 body 512x512 from the eo and 512 textures from the other things),
i decided to take a time to make the model looks hd, by doing alot of parts of the original file and i ended to up of 92 bmp files lol, but the model look sighly more "HD", but in parts the textures looks resized and as a filter those that distort the image
one of the broken textures size is
324x266
828x242
456x148
i have imported them right from photoS cs 4 ( i dont have a real 16:9 and play with 1024x600)

i dont have thinked post the model bcs is a port and dont have any contact the original autor (Bailoom hd) but anyway i broken the model the meshes model in blender and uv maps but looks good, in summary ¿ya can say i can do in this case? i think is post will be a good start point.
(sorry for the stupid dramatical. the failed `´ , .) i ant good with all these thinks and are a spanish user lmao i thaken 10 m writting this, i will try to edit the post and fix any issue with he

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter