I have a problem with doors and transperent glass.

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike 1.6

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
I am new on Hammer Editor and wanted to add some doors and transparent glass but I didn't know how so I looked up a tutorial on Yt.I followed what the guys said(It was pretty hard because the guy was constantly chewing gum into the mic).I built the doors and glass but when I went to run the map.It said there was a problem.After that I went to the map category and I checked for problems,there where a bunch of them but they got fixed except of the glass and door one.I will add the tutorial so you can see if the tutorial had something wrong.When I opened the "Check map problems" tab the problems said:for the door-Solid entity(func_door rotating)is empty with the decripction that said:This solid entity contains no solids;for the glass-Solid entity(func_wall)is empty with the decripction that said:This solid entity contains no solids 

How can I fix it?Pls help
  • ZomboidArea avatar
    ZomboidArea Joined 5y ago
    6,580 points Ranked 936th
    14 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Maps Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    5d
    Try to select this error in this problem tab > press OK in this tab > press delete on keyboard.

Maybe this will help
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • JMXremix avatar
    JMXremix username pic Joined 2y ago
    There
    UnreaLaws Flag Affiliation: UnreaLaws
    13,013 points Ranked 430th
    26 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Maps Medal icon
    JMXremix avatar
    JMXremix
    UnreaLaws Flag
    Affiliation
    UnreaLaws
    4d
    There is a function called func_door, this function creates the door from the brush you have set. ( func_door_rotating or func_rotating for a rotating door, requires another brush with origin texture as the axis base ).
    For an invisible glass, set the brush to func_wall ( func_breakable if you want a breakable glass. ). Scroll down and find the Render Mode and set it to Texture. Then, find the FX amount and set the value you want to make an invisible glass with ( Maximum = 255, example: use 100 as the FX amount ). Also works with most func_ options.

Try using all this above and you shouldn't end up with any error ( at my end ).
    Taking a brake
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

GAbeTHeBAbe avatar
GAbeTHeBAbe Joined 9mo ago
120 points Ranked 63678th