New to SA2B modding and I need some help!

A Forum Thread for Sonic Adventure 2

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Hello. I am asking how to use SA Tools in order to make mods, and the Github wiki about it isn't much help. I know how to make simple texture mods, but i'm looking into things I can do with the SA Tools kit.  Could anyone guide me on this? Thanks.
  • MainMemory avatar
    MainMemory Joined 2y ago
    11,585 points Ranked 472nd
    25 medals 2 legendary 7 rare
    • Created a Mod Installer Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Submitted 5 Tools Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    9d
    There's really not a whole lot you can do with SA2 modding right now. We can't edit character models beyond swapping them with other characters, custom stages require a lot of custom coding that has to be tailored to each level so you can't really make a tutorial for that, and many object models are in a format the tools don't yet support.

One thing you can do is replace models in cutscenes using splitEvent, importing a model to the Basic format, using ModelConverter to convert it to Chunk, then using buildEvent to put the new model in. You can also edit some of the game's text, but a lot of stuff is coded into the exe file. You can replace music pretty easily, sound effects and voices are doable with other tools.

Pretty much anything else you might want to do will require custom code. If you want more help, you can talk to us on our Discord.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit