Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

How do i replace text?

A Forum Thread for UNDERTALE

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
I'm making a Kris mod for Undertale and i Wonder how i replace text.

Replies

• RPGMakerFan avatar
    RPGMakerFan Joined 5y ago
    Not on... yet.
    169 points Ranked 58464th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    access_time 5mo edit 5mo
    From what I know of:
    Translatale Method (worked for 1.0, 1.001, unknown state for newer versions): Open, go to tools option, use decompile option, locate Undertale directory, open data.win, specify the dumping grounds for the strings.txt, edit strings.txt via notepad or other appropriate tool, save that, use recompile options (May need additional files for some versions)

UndertaleModTool Method: Open, go to Files option, select open, locate Undertale directory and select data.win, scroll through strings section looking for the right lines or use search feature, edit lines, save.

Ye Olde QuickBMS Method: Somehow hunt down the data.win decompile & recompile scripts, run decompile script with QuickBMS, locate data.win, free the compiled files from their horrible data.win shaped prison, locate the text file with all the strings in one of the folders and edit that, use the recompile script, acquire instant depression because you made it too large to fit back within the not-expandable-by-quickbms data.win prison
    Get a load of this!
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

TheAnnoyingDog avatar
TheAnnoyingDog Joined 7mo ago