Mods disable over time?

A Forum Thread for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)

Members see zero ads. Membership is 100% free
Whenever I add mods through homebrew, any mod I don't use for a period time (such as weapons skins) will disable (for example, a custom sword reskin will work when in first use it, then I'll equip another sword, but when i switch back after a while (I don't know exactly how long), the sword will have reverted back to its original textures. Is there a way to fix this?
  • NiceneNerd avatar
    NiceneNerd Joined 10mo ago
    26d
    That's how SDCafiine is. This is widely available information. Due to Wii U and BOTW memory handling, SDCafiine mods cannot remain permanently in memory.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • FullmetalHobbit avatar
    FullmetalHobbit Joined 10mo ago
    622 points Ranked 43419th
    25d
    I use regular cafiine and I don't have that issue. You could try switching to regular cafiine
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Lye avatar
    Lye Joined 3mo ago
    106 points Ranked 66303rd
    25d
    Yeah, sorry. That's how SDcafiine works. I got tired of that and also the ridiculous loading times, and I have all of mine injected into the game with FTPii U.

It's a little risky, but not as scary as it sounds. However, it only works on a digital copy (duh) and I highly recommend doing it on a USB drive.

PROS: (If installed correctly) Mods don't unload, loading times don't take 2-3 minutes and you don't have to do the whole homebrew-sdcafiine thing every time (r.i.p. web-exploit users).

CONS: FTP transfer speeds kinda suck, finding where things go gets annoying, if you mess up you have to REINSTALL THE ENTIRE GAME and not mess up again, and it's really only for mods you know for sure you always want to use.

SDcafiine is useful for testing though, and it's almost 100% risk-free because it's essentially applying a top-layer update to the game.
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter