How can I create a mod?

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Greetings everyone, I’m new on the forum and new to the world of modding. I’m interested in learning how to make a mod in this game and if I am able to make a mod. Will it be like the previous Super Smash Brothers games where I can use a special program to drag and drop files or do I need to dump the files and use some other program that’s not specifically made to edit files?

Replies

• ThatNintendoNerd avatar
    ThatNintendoNerd Joined 3y ago
    SSBU Manager
    7,880 points Ranked 737th
    18 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Achieved Game Manager clearance Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    25d 25d
    Why is everything bolded?

Follow my guide, "Guide to Getting Started Modding Ultimate." For now, injecting mods into the large data.arc itself is the only method and messing with file offsets. However, it will be a simple drag and drop system in the future like most games.

Making your own files is difficult because the injected file needs to be compressed via zstd to match the original compressed size of the file, while editable files are decompressed.
    This sentence is false
    URL to post:
  • Hey dude, can you make a mod for the Donkey Kong voice please? Can you add the Donkey Kong voice from Mario Kart DS and replace the Super Smash Bros Ultimate voice please? Because i love the Donkey Kong voice from Mario Kart DS.
    If you do it...thank you very much! :D

https://youtu.be/CXyyFv3yQcE

There are the voice lines, obviously a few lines are bad for Smash, then don't add them lol, but i'm not choosing for you lol
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit