Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Help with editing ActorInfo.product.byml

A Forum Thread for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
Well I need tips on how to edit the file mentioned above because I want to load more than two mods that require a edited file. Can anyone help me with this?
  • Dziggy avatar
    Dziggy Joined 1y ago
    166 points Ranked 59705th
    access_time 1y edit 1y
    1. Install Python 3.7.2. On the first screen of the installer, make sure you tick the box next to "Add Python 3.7 to PATH".
    2. Open the folder that contains the ActorInfo.product.sbyml file
    3. Click on the address bar, clear all of the text, type in cmd, then press enter. This should open a command prompt window that is already targeting the directory of the file.
    4. Type this: py -3 -m pip install byml
      This will install the BYML tool so that you can convert BYML files to YML files.
    5. Now type this: byml_to_yml ActorInfo.product.sbyml !!.yml
    6. Open the ActorInfo.product.yml file in any text editor you prefer (Notepad++ highly recommended for easy reading) and make whatever changes you need to.
    7. In the command prompt window, type this: yml_to_byml -b ActorInfo.product.yml !!.sbyml
      This will repack the edited file back into its original format so it can be used by the game.

Note: If anyone is reading this and also wants to make mods for the Switch version of the game, it's important to remember you only use the -b parameter when repacking Wii U files. For repacking the file for Switch, the command would be: yml_to_byml ActorInfo.product.yml !!.sbyml
    URL to post:
  • Guest Z avatar
    Guest Z Joined 1y ago
    access_time 1y
    Thanks
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest Z avatar
    Guest Z Joined 1y ago
    access_time 1y
    However the command isn't working. I never used the command prompt before, and because of that I don't know if I am using it correctly.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest Z avatar
    Guest Z Joined 1y ago
    access_time 1y
    I only get byml_to_yml isn't recognized as a internal or external command, executable program or batch file
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CRLight avatar
    CRLight Joined 1y ago
    access_time 1y
    As a note for those who follow Dziggy's steps, I was unable to get this working on the yaz0 compressed files though the tool is supposed to decompress it for you.  To get around this I downloaded the compression tools from here and decompressed it, renamed the file to a .byml and ran byml_to_yml on the file.  Worked fine, then for the reverse I ran the tool on the .yml to turn it into a .byml instead of .sbyml and ran the file through the compress tool.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • abram93 avatar
    abram93 Joined 8mo ago
    access_time 8mo edit 8mo
    Make sure you use 64bit python as well or this wont work. at least it didn't for me anyway. i kept getting the FileNotFoundError with 34bit.
    • Agree x 1
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category