Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Shared Textures/TexEffects - A Forum Thread for Sonic Adventure 2.

I've been making some recolors for Shadow and I noticed that his mouth/tongue has been changing to match another color, but I can't tell which texture his tongue draws from. I'm sure someone else has noticed this as well, so my question is, does anyone know which textures are shared between parts of the model?

I also noticed that Sonic and Shadow seem to share some textures when they're loaded at the same time, e.g. during boss battles.

Note that I haven't changed any of Sonic's files or loaded any mods that would affect him. Not really a problem here, just pointing it out. I am curious what will happen when I edit Sonic's equivalent textures.
  • Synthpuff avatar
    Synthpuff Joined 5y ago
    3,332 points Ranked 3,979th
    20 medals 3 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Mods Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Mods Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    4y
    I also been noticing a few of these weird changed to the mouth and effects. I'm not really sure what cause it thou. Heck while I was making Coldsteel texture to change his eyes to pure red, I notice his nose change as well from black to red so I left the pupils on to keep the nose black.
    The Music-Making Pokemon
    URL to post:
  • MainMemory avatar
    MainMemory Joined 5y ago
    Sonic Guru
    12,562 points Ranked 704th
    41 medals 5 legendary 13 rare
    • Created a Mod Installer Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    MainMemory Sonic Guru
    4y
    Yeah, a lot of times all or part of the same texture will be used multiple times on a single model. Until a model editor can be made, you'll just have to work around it.

As for two characters sharing a texture, that's caused by two textures sharing the same Global Index value. If you use PAKEdit, you can see the Global Index for each texture, and try to change it to something unique.
    Bananite
    URL to post: