The Game Modding Community - Since 2001

Having Problems With My PC

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

So, there`s something wrong with my PC. It started to slow down. Can someone please recomend me what should I do?

• 4mo
    ElektroMod avatar
    ElektroMod username pic Joined 3y ago
    Forgotten
    4,367 points Ranked 1133rd
    23 medals 2 legendary 5 rare
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Thanked 50 submitters Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    CCleaner & reinstall Windows (look for tutorials in yt)
    Yes.
  • 4mo
    sasekmeister avatar
    sasekmeister username pic Joined 3y ago
    off
    Cell 1 Flag Affiliation: Cell 1
    912 points Ranked 5552nd
    40 medals 6 legendary 9 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Received thanks 500 times Medal icon
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    sasekmeister avatar
    sasekmeister
    Cell 1 Flag
    Affiliation
    Cell 1
    Check if your pc have virus. You can download or maybe you already have some antivirus program. CCleaner is good, you can download advanced systemcare or you can buy it maybe. Clean %temp%, if you have less than 6 or 8 gb ram, end tasks you don't need. Adjust your pc for best perfomace or how you like it, you can also adjust startup programs as well. Laptop you can put on high performace, and if you have weird fps slowdown while playing game you can try put Max processor state to 99 instead of 100 (maybe could help). Boot your pc with max numb of processors. There is a lot of stuff you can do speed up your pc. I assume you game? So you should try few of these. If you have somewhat bad pc/lap download razer cortex and playing with setting in there. Or go to yt or google to see more tips/tricks.
    poppin' pillies
  • 4moEdited 4mo
    KonataHamster avatar
    KonataHamster Joined 8y ago
    14,499 points Ranked 309th
    30 medals 1 legendary 7 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Polls Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Well, like I always wind up saying for all self-help threads, more info is required to pinpoint the nature of the problem.

When did your PC start slowing down, when does it slow down, what background apps are you running, how old is your PC, whats your RAM count, whats your OS, whats your shoe size, what have you done differently in the past 5 days....
    Oversensitive sociopath avatar
    Mantra
    Oversensitive sociopath
  • 4mo
    Win10. I have plenty of experience with this.
    First off, unless you have a top of the line, $1000 PC, you shouldn't be running a browser and a game at the same time. Even a game that'll run on even the slowest potato like TF2.
    Secondly, if your disk usage is hitting 100%, thats normally a bug caused by some unnecessary services packed with win10. Unless of course you're doing the dumb thing i've been doing and letting the OWL streams run in the background for free tokens. lol.
    One thing that will DEFINITELY help with disk space is turning off Windows Search and Superfetch/Prefetch.
    windows search caches files on your system so it can find them faster when you search for them. Causes more harm than good.
    Superfetch/prefetch tries to boot programs it thinks youre gonna run next in the background to speed up load times. You can see why this is a problem.
    Both of these things can be found in Services. just do Windows Key + R then type in Services.msc. Another good thing to do while you're there is to set Windows Update to Manual so it can't automatically start an update download while you're doing something. just remember to go into your settings at least like once a month to check for updates.
    Ech avatar
    Mantra
    Ech

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Author

Category

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google+

Stats

• 11 Posts
  • 4mo Submitted

Hey, you! Mascot

GameBanana is one of the oldest mod sites on the net. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation - send modders points.
  • Vote: Help your favorite modders win monthly awards.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of problems with mods.
  • Watch: Get notified when mods are updated.

Resistance is futile... Sign up now!

Already a Bananite? Login

WiPs by Submitter

bcp.crwdcntrl.net tracking pixel