The Game Modding Community - Since 2001

All CSS Portraits (except DLC) are Invisble?

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

I've been having a weird glitch that I have never experienced before. All the CSS portraits, except for the DLC characters, are all invisible. Even the base skins already included in the game have invisible CSS portraits. The skins themselves work fine, and so do the battle portraits, stock icons, and result screen portraits. After a match playing with a skin with an invisible CSS portrait, that skin's CSS portrait will reappear until the game is reset. The only other similar issue I'm having is that the icons for the Unused Stages mod by Blazingflare are all blank/invisible on the SSS. I have no idea as to why any of this is happening or how to fix it.

I originally thought it may have been my computer's SD card reader/writer since it was having issues to begin with, but I just got a brand new one and the same issue occurred when I used that one too, so I honestly have no idea what to do.

I use Sm4shExplorer 0.07.4, Mass TexIDFix Rev 11, and the Sm4shExplorer Auto TexID Plugin v0.3. My Wii U is version 5.5.2, and I use Haxchi v2.5u2 and SDCafiine 1.4. My game's dump is version 1.1.6 (I believe) and I think I should probably note that I keep all my Sm4sh modding stuff on an external hard drive (including my game's dump, Sm4shExplorer, downloaded mods, and various other tools) and then export and transfer the builds of to my 16GB SDHC card. The transferring has been taking a LONG time despite both my external hard drive and SD reader/writer are both USB 3.0 compatible and are plugged into my USB 3.0 ports. (Thought that might be worth noting)

I greatly appreciate any and all help and suggestions in fixing this issue. Thank you!
Promotional Content

• 3mo
    Tougon avatar
    Tougon Joined 11mo ago
    Homepage
    1,633 points Ranked 3079th
    7 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    I have no idea what's going on with the SSS sense I have never experimented with the unused stages, but the CSPs disappearing is a known (and at the moment, unfixable) error. 

From what I understand, if you have too many chr_13 portraits, the game can time out when loading them, causing only the DLC portraits to load, or more rarely, causing the game to crash. 

It's just something you're going to have to get used to, or you're going to have to remove costumes until the portraits start appearing again if it really bothers you.
    It's supposed to be ironic.
  • 3moEdited 3mo
    Omegah avatar
    Omegah Joined 2y ago
    What I ended up doing was 1: Placing all basic ingame chr_XX folders in the DLC chr_XX folders, 2: Exporting the basic ingame Chr_XX folders and adding them back into Smash Explorer into the same folder. Both possibilities worked

But as I got better at modding. when starting from scratch, I found placing all chr_XX files into the DLC folder to be better. 
    I also stuck only to the main 4 chr folders.

Lastly I seem to have this happen after using the CSS Organizer.
    Moveset/Texture Master

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Author

JomSpoons avatar
JomSpoons Joined 1y ago
302 points Ranked 13986th

JomSpoons

Category

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google+

Stats

• 8 Posts
  • 3mo Submitted
  • 3mo Modified

Greetings! Mascot

GameBanana is one of the oldest mod sites on the net. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation - send modders points.
  • Vote: Help your favorite modders win monthly awards.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of problems with mods.
  • Watch: Get notified when mods are updated.

Join the community! Sign up now!

Already a Bananite? Login

bcp.crwdcntrl.net tracking pixel