Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CLHD? You like?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

No doubt, everyone here is drooling over the latest release of the CLHD. I went over it and played with it, and looked over every model and sound individually, and just in case you're lazy bastards who can't decide for yourselves what to use and what not to, I'm going to rave about it a bit. First of all, what everyone downloads the pack for: the MODELS. I can only say that they are the uber. The prize of the assortment is of course the HGrunt models, with a twofold-twofold choice: choice of camo, and then of weapon. I went for the Urban MP5 marine, cuz I'm the kind of guy who likes hi-poly versions of the original stuff, and that one bears the most resemblance to the original HGrunt. Very sweet looking, though. I also am using all the other new NPC/monsters, because they r0x0rz your b0x0rz and you're essentially either braindead or playing on a four-year-old Dell if you won't use these. The other big feature in the pack are the sound effects. The debris sounds are probably my favorite; they really sound like I'm breakin' stuff, and that sounds awesome. There are new HGrunt sounds (I think the ones from Op4) and they're good too. There are also a slew of new weapon sounds but I'm not using most of them. First of all, I find a lot of them sound a lot alike, and second, they don't fit my custom models. If you want realism, though, they're probably your best bet! I didn't like the silenced sounds most of all, though; I'm a sucker for the Hollywood "chirp" instead of the more realistic "tik". I also found some of the deploy/reload sounds to be too crunchy. You know, when things go "chik" when they should go "snik" or "click". The original CS sounds are even worse for that, though, so unless you have good custom sounds, use these. The UMP, pump shotgun, and M249 sounds are particularly good, both for reloading and firing. I recommend them. All in all, this pack rules. Though some of the sounds don't quite fit my mandate, I'm sure there are those who will love them, as they are high quality. I need to go kill things now.

Replies

• BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 58148th
    access_time 16y
    Bipod for minigun... Ratte for Naval Canon... God even thought of it makes me tremble... Must build one...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20208th
    access_time 16y
    Sister of Ace Ventura? :confused:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Far Q avatar
    Far Q Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53840th
    access_time 16y
    you forgot jesse ventura :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21842nd
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by BigHeadCrab Provided most novelist can't use miniguns (also no one can use miniguns with possible expection of Arnold Schawzenneger).
    Are you sure about that? /me grabs a bipod for the minigun Are you really sure?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 58148th
    access_time 16y
    Provided most novelist can't use miniguns (also no one can use miniguns with possible expection of Arnold Schawzenneger).
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm, well I guess it is impossible for him to make it will all the guns, how long does it take to code in one?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • End Of Days avatar
    End Of Days Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Maybe I'll sharpen up the new models when I get it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Advance. Advance. Hm.......
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45405th
    access_time 16y
    Haunter, if your plan is to release v0.1 with no buy system and only part of the weapon set, make sure you release it well in advance. Have a version with all weapons implemented by Halloween!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I need to go down to Haunters local gun store, get myself a M249, AWP, M4A1, AK-47, MAC-10, and a USP! Then bring it on. Oh I forgot, NVG's.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I think 30th is the best. Then on 31st, switch off all lights, close the door, put your headphones and immerse yourself in Neil Manke's world.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    You guys should aim for like October 28th or 29th so that we have time to get TS installed and set up with the requisite custom stuff we want. The earlier the better; I'd still like to make a They Hunger-themed v_ model pack for CS. If it could be hosted here at CSC, everyone playing TS could download the pack and use the appropriate weapons for the time period.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Feed me some feedback.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by The Ranger Mmmmmmm... rocks.
    Still hungry?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    Mmmmmmm... rocks.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by The Ranger On Halloween I wanna play some They Strike with some rockin' models. It's a Friday night so unless my pals and I cook up something evil to do, I wouldn't be above playing all night. Godspeed and FEED ME MORE MODELS! :)
    Same how much we feed you, you are allways hungry, like a big hole in the ground that don't get enough rocks in it. That was ment as a compliment ;) As for Seven, wow when did I enter the lines of CL team? I have allways called myself a freelancer, belonging to no one. Oh well.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Here comes the big spoon full 'o models! Open wide! :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    Well, finally, someone who sees me not as an opinionated bastard, but rather as an astute observer of the fine art of kicking digital butt. I write a lot of reviews for Epinions.com, mostly for computer games (though occasionally books and movies), so I've gotten kinda used to being brutally honest about the good side and not-so-good side of everything I play. I totally love the Pack, though, so I'll continue to deliver feedback on future releases. On a side note, They Strike is supposed to come out on Halloween. Will the TH:HD pack come out at the same time? Last year I was sorely disappointed because I waited until Halloween (when the "Swiss Cheese Halloween 2002" mod came out) and then I played it Halloween night and found it to suck. On Halloween I wanna play some They Strike with some rockin' models. It's a Friday night so unless my pals and I cook up something evil to do, I wouldn't be above playing all night. Godspeed and FEED ME MORE MODELS! :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41549th
    access_time 16y
    Thank you for the continued support, gentlemen =) I'm sorry I havn't posted on any subjects in the last few days, I recently had to duke it out with my ISP over some technical issues but now I'm back and able to post again. Ranger, everytime I read your posts about my work I can't help but smile. You see the best and worst in things and don't hesitate to make your opinions known about them. Since the first day I arrived on the CL scene, you were here to give me your honest opinion concerning my work and through those suggestions/opinions/critiques, I have been become a better modeler because of it. If I've already said it before, I'll say it again - Thank you for your continued support of my projects. I would also like to thank the community for thier support as well, this entire venture was based soley as an effort to please you all. I'm glad that through some small action on my part that I was able to succeed in that endeavor along the side of Haunter, Santa, Sweeper, and Mr. T. As for the CLHD serires, I am far from over. MUAHAHHAHA, lol Haunter and I have some plans that are currently being cooked up in the mad scientist laboratory that is our brains. :D Stay tuned for those changes soon! Until next time, Same Bat-Time, Same-Bat Channel! ( Meanwhile back in gothom city ... )
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Aw man. Anyway, Seven sent me another pack. Should be uploaded soon.
    You need a bot that could keep on uploading Sevens packs...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Aw man. Anyway, Seven sent me another pack. Should be uploaded soon.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    I had a phoneline issue yesterday so there was no way I could download it, looks like there is a problem getting the pack... I need to wait for Christmas.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54774th
    access_time 16y
    Yes. The pack is very excelent, and like you siad, the sounds aren't the best. But sure as hell not the worst! The Barney model and the hgrunt and...damn...they are all good! :D GREAT job S7!
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

The Ranger avatar