I Need Assistance From Some Knowledgeable Modders

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Grease-Faced Galahad points.
  • Post: Give Grease-Faced Galahad your thoughts on this Thread.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

It has come to my attention that the Inferno update seems to have broken something in the regards of texture, and also model modifications.

Recently I have tried to use my favorite mods of varying types in the game, some worked, some didn't, which is expected when the game updates. However, three that did not work made absolutely no sense. The Atomizer, The Original, and the Sun on a Stick. the first two rejected texture modifications, while the third ignored a full model replacement. By all accounts, they should have worked without a single issue, yet the game flat out rejected them.

Shortly after this I noticed a pattern. All three of these weapons are lack their own personal folders, crammed in the c_items folder, at least in regards to textures. I haven't tried any other weapons yet, though the Sun on a Stick is the most recent one I've tested. Obviously something isn't communicating right to the c_items folder, but I don't know what to do about that, if anything can be done.

I was hoping someone would know of a way to bypass this issue, assuming one exists, because it is beyond frustrating to have TF2, a game that does allow modding to a mostly client side extent, to actively decline changes to a specific file of weapons/items.

• 8d
    mr_p00tato avatar
    mr_p00tato avatar Procastinating
    TF2Modders Flag Affiliation: TF2Modders
    Member Joined 1y
    5,821 points Ranked 789th
    15 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    mr_p00tato avatar
    mr_p00tato
    TF2Modders Flag
    TF2Modders
    As of what I know, a lot of weapons have been moved to the workshop folder, including textures. The solution would probably be to just rename/add the folders.
    I make skins weekly avatar
    Mantra
    I make skins weekly

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Category

Stats

Views