Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Steam Questions

A Forum Thread for Steam

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
Why did they remove the bots? Will they create an offline mode? How do I get my HL2 movies? Is there a website where I can add more Steam skins? (Not CS, The Steam color thing) How do I download Natural Selection for Steam? btw, for those who can't play CS because it takes forever to prepare, all I did was right click it and lanuch game instead of double clicking it.
  • FezMan88 avatar
    FezMan88 Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    I think everyone had problems with STEAM when it came out. But, not much is perfect the week, or even month, it is released. Just wait a while for new updates to come out, or, just play some 1.5 on gamespy or something
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    Mictlan, I had the same problem with a Surfboard cable modem. The firmware in it wasn't the latest version and I couldn't play America's Army 1.9. Whenever I tried to log in with it, it would kick me completely offline. I would have to unplug the modem power and plug it back in to get it working. I finally took the modem to the cable company and told them it was ka-ka and they gave me a new one with the latest firmware. There is a website out there that will tell you what version firmware you have, but I can't remember what it is. If I find it, I'll post. You may want to check that to see if that's what your problem is.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 17y ago
    170 points Ranked 59084th
    access_time 16y
    Steam isn't going to allow us to switch to 1.5. Atleast I don't think so. Why would they? They are about to close CS 1.5 once Steam gets stable so there aren't going to be 1.5 servers. I think Steam might support TS or NS or the others in the near future... maybe like a few days after HL2 comes out, they'll work on Steam more.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    when do you think steam is gonna support the minor mods like TS or let us switch between 1.6 and 1.5 servers?
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    Yikes Mictlan! That's gotta be the most frustrating **** ever! I played 1.6 lastnight until about 4:30 this morning...worked fine...besides the shield bugs I didn't have any problem. But when I wake up and try 1.6, it said steam - error, please try again at another time or some **** like that. SOOOO, i rebooted my puter and it didn't have the servers that I added to my favorites from before i rebooted. I try to connect to a reliable server and for the past....15 mins it says...."Preparing to play counter-strike..." WTF, HURRY THE **** UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!" (*#&@$)(@&*^%_@#) I'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem. Plz God, pour your reign upon steam and egg all the Steam Faculty! Ty!
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    Yeah...it does the same thing with me. I got steam and cs to work perfectly fine (halleluya to that) but as soon as I try to join a server, any server. It just says "server not available" and I cant even refresh the server list. ...But wait, thats not all. After all the frustration that I have taken out on my desk (btw, my toe really hurts now) I try to go online and see if I can find any info on how I can fix this. But guess what! My entire network is down. Its bad enough that I cant play cs, now I cant even go out to the internet. SO after an hour of testing and configuring, I find out that my dsl modem just plain out died. So I have to reset it, and by reseting that, I have to reset everything else. Then I start believing that its all good and there is a god out there, but I try to join a server again...AND THE SAME DAMN THING HAPPENS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!@@#*^%$#*^%*^% Please...I'm begging you, if anybody else has this problem and figured out what's causing it. Please tell me. I've spent the past 24 hours (about 75% of it waiting for steam to install and update) trying to get this stupid cs 1.6 to work. Somebody, anybody, help me before I hurt myself trying to release my frustration...
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    Well, see my problem is many's problem. Steam disconnects my internet alot.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 17y ago
    170 points Ranked 59084th
    access_time 16y
    yea, thas wat i thought too...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago