Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter-Life DM/Coop Server Up and r...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

- - Down.... The9th Counter-Life 5.7 Test Server IP: - - - - The port may be 1104... But I'm not sure.. [ - - - - :1104> I'm just running this temporary to see if it even works... The server is located in Sweden run on a 850mhz / 128mb ram computer with an adsl connection 512/512kbps... So please tell me if it works or not.. I can only test it via lan... And that seems to work... Although the grunts had wierd animations... But that might be something else... [edit> Oh... That's probeably because I haven't installed the new HD pack on the server :p [edit2> HD pack installed... But I've decided to only run death match maps.. Since getting kicked by a grunt crashes the server, someone could just join and allow him to get kicked and you figure the rest out... Another thing with coop is that it's hard to get the map to change once you've killed all monsters. And since it's just a test for now.

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21842nd
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter And we have the culprit...........humans!
    Say machine, AOpen built the motherboard.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20208th
    access_time 16y
    And we have the culprit...........humans!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Hmmm how can it be the servers fault? hmmmm I smell code bugs, in the worst case scenario I did find out the error why my CL crashed on the old 350 I owned, the Northbridge lacked cooling so it overheated and corrupted the data going between memory, graphics card and CPU. And that was NOT my fault, but the builder of the board hadn't attached a heatsink on it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    santaslayer Joined 17y ago
    392 points Ranked 47821st
    access_time 16y
    It's not counter-life's fault.. It's probeably something with the server... I'll see if I can fix it and get it running some other day
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20208th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Hehe... Nice sig... Yea, I'm sure of the IP... It's the port I'm unsure of... I use mirc to check my IP.. /dns I was running a listenserver [non dedicated> on this computer and a friend of mine had no problem joining that one... Hum... Maybe I should restart the internet-sharing server... And Haunter, please fix the grunt-kick-crashing while you're at recoding ;)
    I not sure what the problem is. It's ok when playing normal HL maps but mysteriously crashes in your maps. Maybe there's far to much entities. I actually used the hgrunts original code with little or no changes. Maybe it's because from beta 5 onwards, CL contains a mixed code of SDK 2.2 and SDK 2.3. Ok, tonight, I'll try your maps with the new version of CL.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by santaslayer Hehe... Nice sig... Yea, I'm sure of the IP... It's the port I'm unsure of... I use mirc to check my IP.. /dns I was running a listenserver [non dedicated> on this computer and a friend of mine had no problem joining that one... Hum... Maybe I should restart the internet-sharing server... And Haunter, please fix the grunt-kick-crashing while you're at recoding ;)
    Just consider that grunt somebody who wants to kick you out of the game... So it should say: "Kicked by H_grunt01"
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    Hehe... Nice sig... Yea, I'm sure of the IP... It's the port I'm unsure of... I use mirc to check my IP.. /dns I was running a listenserver [non dedicated> on this computer and a friend of mine had no problem joining that one... Hum... Maybe I should restart the internet-sharing server... And Haunter, please fix the grunt-kick-crashing while you're at recoding ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Checked my sig for your outgoing IP? It sure detects mine.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • santaslayer avatar
    access_time 16y
    that's what I was affraid of.. crap.. If someone could search for "The9th Counter-Life 5.7 Test Server" with all seeing eye... Or if someone could tell me how to figure out which port HL is using.. Did you try 81.224.65.194:27015 ? Darn... I can't check my outgoing ip... I only see my local..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41549th
    access_time 16y
    81.224.65.194:1104 Doesn't connect, Are you sure that is the correct port and IP? Well, I'm going to go hop in the shower and get cleaned up but while I'm gone I'm going to be AFK in Channel: Counter-Life Lobby in the Half-Life chatrooms. If anyone logs into WON or plays online and you see this, drop by and leave me a message. Maybe when I get back, someone'll be up for a game of Counter-Life. -Peace all
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

santaslayer avatar