Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Cloud's Glow Effect Slots (HELP) - A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)

So, we all probably know that one of the best modders here (JoeTEStrikesBack) is making Kingdom Hearts I Cloud, and I'm planning on replacing Advent Children Cloud (Slots 2, 4, 6, and 8). Thing is, the man himself told me that the "glowing" effects on the Advent Children slots are different than the FVII's, and neither one of us knows how to change the glow of the AC's sword to make it FFVII's. Anyone know how to??
  • StarrMax avatar
    StarrMax username pic Joined 5y ago
    17,621 points Ranked 410th
    31 medals 3 legendary 7 rare
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Effects Medal icon
    4y
    You're talking about something that is hard coded into the game. All of Cloud's scripts read a premp line for the trail and flare use that determines the slot number and which respective flare to use based on it. While you could easily take the nud files from EffSwordFlare and put them over EffSwordFlare2, you'd be screwing up all the flares for other Advent skins. Aka if you plan on keeping any of the Advent skins, don't do that. If you're replacing them all and will never use another Advent skin again, go ahead and do that.
    Give me something to do, yah?
    URL to post: