Freeze on Wii U Channel after loading SD+Caffiene

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending LPGamer15 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Hi everyone!  I got a major problem.  Whenever I  go to load my mods on the loadiine website on the Wii U Browser.  I always choose SD + Caffiene when I want to load my mods.  Recently I have been adding new mods and had to erase old ones.  So I think in the process I have messed things up.  After I go through the process of choosing SD + Caffiene, loading the browser back up, Pressing the A button, etc.  I go to load up Smash 4.  It plays the music as usual when the Wii U channel screen loads up. However, immediately after the screen stays on that channel screen on the gamepad and the TV goes black with the LED light on and it stays like that forever.  I tried erasing all the files out of the workspace folder in my sm4shexplorer folder, rebuilt the mods, and it didn't fix it.  So I don't know what to do now.  HELP!

• 7d
    stuper56 avatar
    stuper56 Offline
    Member Joined 3y
    Have you not heard? Wii U update hit a little while ago that patched the loadiine exploit.

All you can do for now is download crunchyroll and wait, some of the guys in the hacking scene are working on an exploit for it.
    y tho
  • 7d
    Deathfang avatar
    Deathfang Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    272 points Ranked 14048th
    Sounds like your wii u updated. Don't worry, a lot of us are in the same boat and people out there are working on a way back in, whether or  not the crunchyroll exploit will work we're gonna find a way back in.

For now just install crunchyroll in case the exploit they're working on works and type in the DNS on this thread:
    http://gamebanana.com/threads/208416
    My Wii U is 5.5.2 now, rip...
  • 5d
    D3 Gaming avatar
    D3 Gaming avatar Not Here
    Super Smash Studio Flag Affiliation: Super Smash Studio
    Member Joined 7mo
    705 points Ranked 6391st
    This has happened to me before. I suggest you delete your newest mods.
    SSB4 and MK8 Modder
  • 4d
    nibbles_517 avatar
    Member Joined 1y
    727 points Ranked 6211st
    This doesn't sound like his WiiU updated.
    I have had this issue several times before. It happens sometimes when I used Send to SD card on Sm4shExplorer.
    To fix I delete the files on the SD Card and instead of using Send to SD Card, I move them manually to the proper place.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Send a Private Message to the submitter

Category

Stats