Basically, I'm trying to make a prop for Gmod, just to learn how. Everything was working fine, until I tried to add a LOD model to help with optimization. Now, no matter the distance I am from the model, it always shows up as the LOD instead of the reference.
So far, I have tried:
- Increasing/decreasing the LOD distance. No change.
- Loading the model in the Source engine model viewer. Model displays as it should here.
- Messing with r_lod in the console. It was on -1 when I started, setting it to 0 and restarting made no difference. No other values have had any effect, either.
- Messing with r_LodTransitionDistance. No effect no matter the value given.
- Adding and removing the file extensions in the $lod command. Didn't make a difference.
I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. From what I can tell, no other models are having this issue, so it has to be something I'm doing wrong on my end. I'm using Crowbar 0.42 to compile, and I'm on Windows 10, if it makes any difference.
Here is the QC file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
$body main "Sign_Main.smd"
$sequence idle "anims\Sign_action.smd"
replacemodel "Sign_Main" "Sign_Lod"
replacematerial "SignMetal" "SignMetalLod"