Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Game/Program For Authoring And Direct X Materials? - A Forum Thread for Blender Engine.

Hey, so I have all of these models. Some I might sell on the Unreal market or similar service, but most of them I plan to upload here. The thing holding me back though is that Blender, the modelling application I use, uses GLSL. Because Direct X is used by the games I am aiming to model for, and is typically nicer overall (imo), I am looking for a small free application with which to load the models and UV mapped textures and then preview and maybe author Direct X materials for them.

For example, I could download a Source game and load the models in to HLMV and author the materials while refreshing the viewport to preview the materials in sort-of real time, but I'd rather not deal with downloading Steam and Source and all that right now.

I remember reading about a Direct X material previewer and editor for 3DSMax that I think Thanez helped on, which is just what I need, but the size of Max and having to learn a whole new advanced interface is a big turn off.

Any suggestions? Thanks, I'll check this thread tomorrow when I can get online again.

No replies yet