Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

New SDK -- Please Read Haunter

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Haunter, roughly speaking, how long will this new SDK take to build, and roughly when will the new SDK CL be ready?

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20195th
    access_time 16y
    Ranger, as I've said, this is the first Beta. Expect some improvements over the months.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    The Ranger Joined 17y ago
    506 points Ranked 45359th
    access_time 16y
    Oh. Well, crap. I thought that 1.0 was going to be a complete version with all the weapons available to buy. I was hoping that on Halloween we'd have a completely effective buy menu with all weapons implemented that we could use to play through They Strike in one night. But, well, to be perfectly frank about it, the game as you describe it just doesn't sound fun. You've taken the They Hunger weapons and replaced each one with an equivalent weapon from Counter-Strike, which is nothing like that way CL works. I'm almost at the point of breaking out the sticker.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21833rd
    access_time 16y
    /me cries No M249 gunning action... That is evil of the ghost to do, I don't get a chance to mow down armies...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    Actually, there isn't a buy menu. Well, it's the first beta but expect a few improvements here and there. So, these are the CS weapons I've chosen to be in the first release to TS: 1) Knife 2) USP 3) DEagle 4) HEgrenade 5) M3 6) AK47 7) AWP These are the guns I've decided. You'll find them along the game. However, there may be changes. Now, I'm trying to make the freaking usp to get selected. Same goes for the HE.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    Right now, I only have old-style models for about half a dozen weapons. I've got models for the first four handguns but the Elites and the FiveseveN are going to be tough. XM1014 will be, too. I'm pretty sure I can get everything else fairly easily once Weapon-Hacks get up, though. There are a couple of DoD conversions I wanna use. EDIT: Assuming that the Buymenu will be used in TS the way it is in CL, I'd like to add a feature into my model pack that changes the gun names in the menu to the names of the replacement guns. However, Haunter, this would only be possible if you sent me a copy of the final version of the TS titles.txt before the release of TS. If you could do that, I'd be grateful.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    I haven't really decide yet. But it will sure be out before 31st October.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Ranger avatar
    access_time 16y
    Haunter, have you decided if you will aim for a 28th or 29th release? Just to give some time for us to install and customize the mod for some Halloween TS marathon'ing! If you do that, I'll promise to have the complete TS v_model pack available by then. As long as you give me a place to upload it. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter They : Strike will use the old code. So, it will have most of the features in Beta 5.7. Except for killing enemies and earn money.
    I have to give you some time before I hack in and steal it to play ;) I want the finished thingy.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 16y
    They : Strike will use the old code. So, it will have most of the features in Beta 5.7. Except for killing enemies and earn money.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Last time I spoke with him he had to do it from scratch. But he has said that They Strike will be availible October 31st, so expect it around then. Edit: The new SDK is going quite well. Hopefully it will be done before christmas.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

gagsy485 avatar
gagsy485 Joined 16y ago