Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CLHD Heavy Weapons Grunt ( M249 equi...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Alright, Haunter - new format. This is going to be more like you and I discussed over yahoo this morning. The Heavy Weapons grunts, standard grunts, barney and Hassassin's will be given armor that has a set value. That way when you fire at the given target, his/her armor is knocked down in succession with his life and the kevlar absorbs a certain % of the damage. This will act in exactly the same way that the player's own armor works. If a standard Hgrunt has a default of 50/50/80 HItpoints in Easy, Normal and hard levels of difficulty. Then the new version would look something more along the lines as this: BARNEY: Health: 50/50/50 Armor: 50/50/50 ASSASSIN: Health: 30/50/70 Armor: 50/50/50 STANDARD GRUNT: Health: 50/50/80 Armor: 75/75/75 HEAVY WEAPONS GRUNT: Health: 80/80/110 Armor: 300/300/300 When it comes to health, it isn't that the Heavy weapons grunt is super human, he just boasts a superior ammount of armor and can fire extremely quickly. His ability to asbsorb damage should come from high resistant armor, not super human increased health. By giving him 300 armor and slightly above average health for a human class entity, he can absorb the damage taken to him through his vest instead of being superman and taking hits like he only fears kryptonite. I know you guys are probably thinking that 300 armor is insane, but you have to think about it this way. If you've got a guy that is moving slow and he's an easy tagert to nail, but he can absorb a few dozen rounds before hitting the ground - That and the fact that you'll be playing in cooperative teams, using support tactics to take him down... It will be more of a challenge to the team to be more strategtic about thier approaches and allow them to try different methods of assault. You know damn well you can't just run in like rambo, shooting at him because chances are he'll waste you before you're 40 feet infront of him. So, this could allow for more military tactics to take place. Flanking and Support tactics, cross fire teqniques. After all he can only shoot one direction at a time =) Anyways, by increasing his armor greatly and his health only slightly he's not superhuman and he's just heavily armored. Also, due to the fact the he is carrying so much gear, ammunition and armor, his movements will be slowed considerably. He won't run, walk or turn to face you as fast a normal grunts - this leaves for moments of opertunity where multiple troops from your squad can target and lock in and place those critical shots for the takedown. The Heavy weapons grunt also has a balistics helmet therefore severely crippling the chances of a full on headshot. This will make him a difficult target to take down. Not to mention his rate of fire will be constantly spewing rounds like a bat out of hell at the player. Instead of the 50 round magazine he will be equipped with a 100 round box mag using 5x56mm ammunition. When this armored bohemth of a ground soldier reloads, THEN you post those shots to his legs, arms, knee caps, neck, etc. With a target like that, where chest shots and head shots are close to a null feat. Then I go for the leg shots. We were trained to fire for the knee's, drop the target to ground then move in for the kill, or interigation. Another thing is that the M249 equipped grunt will be setup exactly as my other High-Definition grunts are designed: The damage of thier weapons is equal to that of the players own weapon of that type at the hardest dificulty level of skill. So, combined with a high rate of fire and enough damage to take down a small squad of men in a few passes, he will be more then adiquate as an a heavily armored opponent. By keeping his health relatively non-super human, we can ensure then that we can place several of him within a single map. Remember, he's not the only threat. I do also have high-defintiion standard Hgrunt soldiers armed with the players choice of MP5's or M4A1's. The Desert Recon and Urban Tactical light troopers are just as deadly with thier own weapons, flashbangs and grenades. So, the end result is a well equipped enemy army for multiplayer that will allow for some seriously challenging cooperative play. Team based cooperaive play, a human squad against an army of AI controled badâsses out to rip you a new âsshole. I also plan on creating a new version of the Heavy weapons grunt that will be available to the player to choose his texture format. Either Desert Recon or Urban Tactical. This provides even more versatility to the player when using my packs. As always, the new HW grunt will have his own fireing sounds, reload sequences, pain sequences, etc. I think you guys have a pretty good idea of whats in store, you know I won't let the community down. Until I can post more on this, Peace all

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21831st
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter I haven't been coding that much lately. I don't know why. Probably feeling bored these few days. There's nothing to do. Except go to school, meet friends, come back home and rot. Of course, I would meet up with Charmaine and chat with her. The HE grenade animation is almost fixed. So is the flashbang. Now, for the m4. Then the double-DE, HWgrunt, They : Strike etc.
    Charmaine... Hmmm /me shakes head. Don't forget to offer here some Cardamine, I got a battleship full of it, I am stuck with 25000000 packages that are pretty big, I need to get rid of them, anybody interrested? Before I take the risk of shipping them to Manhattan.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20193rd
    access_time 16y
    I haven't been coding that much lately. I don't know why. Probably feeling bored these few days. There's nothing to do. Except go to school, meet friends, come back home and rot. Of course, I would meet up with Charmaine and chat with her. The HE grenade animation is almost fixed. So is the flashbang. Now, for the m4. Then the double-DE, HWgrunt, They : Strike etc.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by hpalex Sweeper, isn't too hard, is funny! X SyntaxxSeven: Beautiful model, SS! Can I use this model on HL OPForce?
    Psst, I think we shouldn't call him SS, might give him some wrong relations... Some of you will get what I mean.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • hpalex avatar
    hpalex Joined 16y ago
    100 points Ranked 72479th
    access_time 16y
    Sweeper, isn't too hard, is funny! X SyntaxxSeven: Beautiful model, SS! Can I use this model on HL OPForce?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Mr Seven Mr Seven /me nods the head several times. You need to get on a vacation now, and you need it now, you have been working WAY too hard. So please relax a little now, so that we can manage to play and try out these new stuff you have given us.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41520th
    access_time 16y
    Nope.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54241st
    access_time 16y
    Looks really great!!! But shouldn't the elbow pads be on the elbow?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41520th
    access_time 16y
    ************************************************** CHARACTOR TYPE: US Urban Tactical SAW Trooper US Desert Recon SAW Trooper DESCRIPTION The SAW Trooper is an rural ground warfare heavy munitions unit equipped with Fabrique Nationale M249 Heavy Machine-gun. This ground pounding marine is a slow moving heavy assault trooper that is fully armored, utilising full body kevlar and balistic helmet. This marine is also equipped with both Flashbangs and standard High-Explosive grenades. This trooper is extremely efective against large squads as his rate of fire is over double that of the standard M4A1 equipped marine. He can serve as a stand alone one man army with his Machnegun or support entire squads with suppressive fire. This trooper can load a 100 rounds per clip cycle with a 3.5 second reload time and empty an entire clip in roughly 10 seconds or less of continuous fire. ************************************************** MARINE TYPE: US Urban Tactical SAW Trooper US Desert Recon SAW Trooper WEAPON TYPE: FN M249 HMG AMMO: 5x56mm SKILL: DAMAGE(per bullet) Easy 9 - 1/3 of Player rated damage Normal 19 - 2/3 of Player rated damage Hard 29 - Full Equivilant to Player **************************************************
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54693rd
    access_time 16y
    Sounds challenging and fun. I'll use it. You can count on that! :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner