Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

STEAM release delayed!

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

As you have probably already guessed the STEAM release is delayed, here is a little update from Doug Lombardi which was posted on the VERC Collective.
    Steam Dedicated Server Release Tonight; Steam Client Tomorrow We've been making final changes to the Steam network throughout the night. Unfortunately, it's taken longer than we planned. However, the Steam dedicated server will be released this evening, and the Steam client release is now scheduled for tomorrow. We're working to get the release out as fast as we can -- sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience.
Oh well, what is another day, we'll just wait and see.

Replies

• nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48499th
    access_time 16y
    Sheilds are difficult to kill
    Not true, It's quite easy actually.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    oh poopie i got reported, sprry, i didnt know the rules~alex
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    Don't ask for cd keys. It's against the forum rules, and this will be your first warning. Thanks for reporting the thread, you know who.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • QuickDraw avatar
    QuickDraw Joined 16y ago
    212 points Ranked 55097th
    access_time 16y
    dark rage, they wont ban any weapon in leagues, thats why its gonna be ***... stupid ppl will use the stupid shield and think theyre so 1337. its g a y . . .
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    170 points Ranked 58354th
    access_time 16y
    Sheilds are difficult to kill but I think the fixed the sheild glitch, whatever it was. But I think most servers will ban sheilds like awp. They should take awps away from CT for fairness but then, removes the realism.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • QuickDraw avatar
    QuickDraw Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    SUSHI... the shield is g4y.. other than that its the same ****ing game... (besides the new rifles but theyre a good addition, the shield is just pure h0mosexuality)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    Don't ask for cd keys.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Grumpy Troll avatar
    Grumpy Troll Joined 17y ago
    234 points Ranked 53734th
    access_time 16y
    Man I've been waiting so long. Was it worth it?...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sushi avatar
    Sushi Joined 16y ago
    3,587 points Ranked 2237th
    access_time 16y
    Quick, they all say the same thing every version. "OMG 1.0 VALVE IS TAK1iNG over our GAME!!" "...OMG 1.3 *** VOICE COMM STUPID 12 yER OLDS ON MIC (ever heard of mute)?' "OMG 1.4 nO JUMPING!?" "OMG 1.6 IS *** STEAM SUCKS U SUCK!!!! SHIELDS R tEH ***" Get over it. Steam GUI + CS1.6 is the best version of the best multiplayer game yet. So stop whining.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • QuickDraw avatar
    QuickDraw Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    :o dark rage i was being sarcastic, just pissed that 1.5 is gonna be gone soon and that im gonna have to deal with the shielders. i dont hate steam, its awesome. its 1.6 i despise. edit- also, i wasnt trying to talk l33t (its g4y) i was just trying to avoid the censor cuz it blocked out the words i sed b4 like horse-**** and ****you <--- thats why i used the g4y way.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • stickthemepark avatar
    stickthemepark Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    No one can update until they release the final version tommarow steam is closed tell then
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    i can't get steam updated either... now i'll hafta wait till tomorrow :(
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Joined 17y ago
    364 points Ranked 48499th
    access_time 16y
    Steam is fine for me and it's ok if it's a one day delay .. Doesn't make a difference, We were in worse situations than this, And i confess i have skipped school once or twice to stay at home and play Counter Strike. P.s. I love Valve.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by QuickDraw yea the same sh!t happened with me on steam. it starts to update, and then dissappears. how 6ay. Steam is g@y. 1.6 also gonna be a pain in the 4ss, stupid f*cking shields.
    Wow, really? W3||, NO $H!T! Its suppose to be like that, if you actually read it, it said that Steam will be down starting yesterday. So don't diss Steam unless you have a reason besides "$t3@m !s g@y (uz |m t0 $t0op|d To r3@d iii" Sheilds are annoying but I don't think Counter-Strike 1.6 will be that bad.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • QuickDraw avatar
    QuickDraw Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    yea the same sh!t happened with me on steam. it starts to update, and then dissappears. how 6ay. Steam is g@y. 1.6 also gonna be a pain in the 4ss, stupid f*cking shields.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • stickthemepark avatar
    access_time 16y
    I personaly think that this wait makes valve and others look bad. Hasnt cs:cz been delayed before same with hl2? Also for the csx (cs on xbox) will it be delayed also?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    You can play Steam?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • 187 avatar
    187 Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    You can't i tried to open it and it said updating then the box disapeared.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by ???? Is it no longer possible to play CS 1.6 Beta? I tried to start the game but it only opens the STEAM UPDATE menu?!?! Does I need to download something new to be able to play the new version or will the update handle it when the new version is released?
    Hey, read the title, it says "Steam Release Delayed". So simply, you will be able to play CS 1.6 when the Final Steam comes out. I don't think you can play Steam beta when the Final version is about to come out. And as I said before, you have to update to the new version on the website. Read the posts before you post so you questions could be answered faster.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    Is it no longer possible to play CS 1.6 Beta? I tried to start the game but it only opens the STEAM UPDATE menu?!?! Does I need to download something new to be able to play the new version or will the update handle it when the new version is released?
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by AlexKraj i hope not a lot of people skipped school for no reason...
    What type of idiot skips school to play COUNTER-STRIKE?! If you did, you are pathetic... Education > Games
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    is down for a while. I think 1.5 is going to be discontinued in 2 weeks or so. by wank0r 11:48 am pdt on 9/10/03 Steam Info - Release Time : 7-9pm GMT Thursday 11 September - SteamID's : Generated in Sequential Order 1,2,3,4 etc.... - Downloading : Expect waits of 300+ Minutes on Fileplanet/Shack Download Sites - Installation : Expect many problems when registering Steam due to server overload - Steam Site : Expected to overload all day tomorrow , so expect to refresh like mad - Corrupt Downloads/Stopped : Almost Inevitable (Especially if you try to update CS tomorrow due to server overload)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by AlexKraj thAts gonna be especially bad 4 valve, steam, sierra..etc... it makes whatever they are trying to do look bad and that makes the whole software look like **** since they cant promise a date...have they evr? anyway....i know if im waiting for sum1 or sumthing and it doesnt show up...i get angry...and the whatevr theyre doin looks worse that way...even though theres so much u need to do cs to make it a crappy game... product not come out on time....hulk angry!....hulk BASH (*( goes and runs upstairs to retrieve the hulk hands that make sounds)*) GRAAAAAAAAAA i think the hulk would be good for a manager for steam...wed get those updates a lot quicker and more reliable...hulk no like product...hulk eat lying human piece of **** sry if i offended any1, but thats my sig
    I don't get the Hulk part... but I don't think it makes Steam look bad, I kinda like it. I think it makes Valve look bad since now, more people think that Half-Life 2 will be delayed also because of Valve's bad habit of pushing release dates.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • QuickDraw avatar
    QuickDraw Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    URL to post:
  • RageXIII avatar
    RageXIII Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by QuickDraw man i really hope 1.6 isnt a disappointment. I've been looking forward to and also dreading this update for over a year now. Supposedly its coming out tomorrow, and i donno what i need to do to get thuis update. i have a half life game o/ the year cd and cs 1.5.. what do i have to do to get an update? any money involved?
    1.6 I think is still a beta for now but I'm not sure. You have to go to to get the Final version of Steam I think. You don't need to pay but you will need a valid CD-Key, either the one you got with the Half-Life CD or the Counter-Strike CD.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • QuickDraw avatar
    QuickDraw Joined 16y ago
    access_time 16y
    man i really hope 1.6 isnt a disappointment. I've been looking forward to and also dreading this update for over a year now. Supposedly its coming out tomorrow, and i donno what i need to do to get thuis update. i have a half life game o/ the year cd and cs 1.5.. what do i have to do to get an update? any money involved?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • 15294434 avatar
    15294434 Joined 16y ago
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    thAts gonna be especially bad 4 valve, steam, sierra..etc... it makes whatever they are trying to do look bad and that makes the whole software look like **** since they cant promise a date...have they evr? anyway....i know if im waiting for sum1 or sumthing and it doesnt show up...i get angry...and the whatevr theyre doin looks worse that way...even though theres so much u need to do cs to make it a crappy game... product not come out on time....hulk angry!....hulk BASH (*( goes and runs upstairs to retrieve the hulk hands that make sounds)*) GRAAAAAAAAAA i think the hulk would be good for a manager for steam...wed get those updates a lot quicker and more reliable...hulk no like product...hulk eat lying human piece of **** sry if i offended any1, but thats my sig
    Banana Anna
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y
    this comes as a complete shock to me. *O.o
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • stickthemepark avatar
    access_time 16y
    Haha no kidding. I got my hopes up
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • stickthemepark avatar
    access_time 16y
    Damnit just my luck, and on the one day when I get off at 12 and I was just hoping to come home and play on Steam Final so I could see if theres anything new. But I cant even play with the beta version cause its all locked up, so im stuck with BF1942 or cs1.5 :/
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • 15294434 avatar
    15294434 Joined 16y ago
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    access_time 16y
    i hope not a lot of people skipped school for no reason...
    Banana Anna
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 16y