Black screen

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending KonataHamster points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Okay, I know my PC is out of date but I have had this game run before. And, frankly is definitely not a graphics-heavy game.

What is happening, is upon map launch it turns the screen black and my Graphics Accelerator crashes. I've encountered this several times with games like Portal 2, CS:GO, Left 4 Dead 2, and of course Alien Swarm and obviously its newer release, Reactive Drop.

Needless to say, YES I am on unfortunate enough to be stuck with an intel integrated graphics card.

My only lead toward fixing this is a wild-goose chase of some program by a guy named "Sniper" with his Royal BNA Driver with "Source Engine Fix" as its this later version of Source ("Source 2011" supposedly) 
All links to it are outdated; thew dropbox file is "either deleted or marked as private"

Which has frustrated me to no end, as I have run across more than 3 threads saying this Royal BNA Driver has fixed all their Intel Graphics problems---- but the file is no longer available.
I have found a version on some auto-archive website and it turns out to be the 32 bit one, I need the 64 bit one. Even more frustrating is the actual program has an update feature which sends me to either a dead website, or that same 404'd dropbox file.

One of the things I remember about fixing the Portal 2, etc problems is it involved either a 3rd party .dll file, or required a certain -launch parameter.

None found

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

KonataHamster avatar
Member Joined 7y
13,818 points Ranked 311st