Black screen

A Forum Thread for Alien Swarm

Okay, I know my PC is out of date but I have had this game run before. And, frankly is definitely not a graphics-heavy game.

What is happening, is upon map launch it turns the screen black and my Graphics Accelerator crashes. I've encountered this several times with games like Portal 2, CS:GO, Left 4 Dead 2, and of course Alien Swarm and obviously its newer release, Reactive Drop.

Needless to say, YES I am on unfortunate enough to be stuck with an intel integrated graphics card.

My only lead toward fixing this is a wild-goose chase of some program by a guy named "Sniper" with his Royal BNA Driver with "Source Engine Fix" as its this later version of Source ("Source 2011" supposedly) 
All links to it are outdated; thew dropbox file is "either deleted or marked as private"

Which has frustrated me to no end, as I have run across more than 3 threads saying this Royal BNA Driver has fixed all their Intel Graphics problems---- but the file is no longer available.
I have found a version on some auto-archive website and it turns out to be the 32 bit one, I need the 64 bit one. Even more frustrating is the actual program has an update feature which sends me to either a dead website, or that same 404'd dropbox file.

One of the things I remember about fixing the Portal 2, etc problems is it involved either a 3rd party .dll file, or required a certain -launch parameter.

None found

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

KonataHamster avatar
KonataHamster Joined 8y ago
Ripe Supporter
11,765 points Ranked 406th