Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter-Life High-Definition Pack - ...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

************************************************** COUNTER-LIFE HIGH-DEFINITION HGRUNT PACK By: Syntaxx Seven (John Velasquez,2003) ************************************************** This package is a high quality compilation created to bring emersive realism to Counter-Life's single player experience by providing high-quality models an effects replacements for all existing Half-Life entities. This package replaces all of the original single player human and alien charactor models with high definition content. It also replaces many, many sounds from the original Half-life with high-fidelity sound FX and includes numerous other misc visual and audio tweaks. All charactor base models are from Valve's high definition upgrade kit. Several charactor models have been completely re-skinned with original texture art to provide vivid, beautiful detail in game. I have developed a single pack capable of satisfying everyones needs. I know that this took a while to complete, but good things comes to those who wait. If you are familiar with my previous works, then you probably have a fairly good idea of what to expect - Only the best possible experience I can offer you. You know what I hate about screenshots? They never convey even the slighest effect of what these models look like in game. You guys are probably thinking, "whats so special about those?" Well, when you see them in game and just how high-contrast and visually clear they are - They make the levels look cartooney and fake, lol. These models are insane in game. ************************************************** WHATS IN THIS PACK? This package includes the following enhancements: GRAPHICS & DECALS Included are high-resolution decals for all for all ingame gore effects. This also includes high-definition giblet models for both Human and Alien monster entities. Realistic blood and gore effects, sprites and splatter decals Realistic explosions, muzzleflashes, bullet holes and scorch decals ************************************************** SOUND FX & MEDIA Included are high-fidelity replacement sounds for every High-Life surface specific debri type down to the last splinter in the entire game. This includes explosions, riochets, glass, concrete, wood and metal impact effects. Realistic high-fidelity sound FX for ricoches, debris and explosions Realistic high-fidelity sound FX for all breakable entitys and surfaces Realistic high-fidelity sound FX for all weapon fire and reload sequences Realistic high-fidelity sound FX for all body drops ( When a marine falls ) Realistic high-fidelity sound FX for all player surface specific footsteps, deaths, breathing, and pain sequences. Added audible footsteps to all enemy grunts Added new weapon menu selection sounds ************************************************** MODELS Drastically improved high-definition Hgrunt charactor models equiped with your choice of either Mp5 Sub-Machineguns or M4A1 Assault Rifles. These marines sport 512x512 textures and are visually stunning in game. Outfitted with environment specfic camoflage and matching combat gear, these detailed models will provide a new level of beauty and emersive realism to the Counter-Life experience. ************************************************** CONFIGURATIONS Player chosen Hgrunt enemy types - Desert Recon or Urban Tactical Marines. Player chosen Hgrunt weapon types - Mp5/M203 or M4A1/M203 equipped weapons Custom skill configuartions that reflect upgraded weapon types. Easy to use copy and paste, on the fly drag and drop format. Easy to use directions with detailed readme files explaining weapon selections and damages by level of difficulty. ************************************************** HIGH-DEFINITION HGRUNT MODELS I have included 4 versions of High-Definition Hgrunt enemy units that can be chosen by the player depending on his/her preference. The Grunt Types included are the Desert Recon Marine and the Urban Tactical Marine. Each of these marines has seperate configurations for Hard and Easy difficulties of play. ************************************************** READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS INSTALLATION README.TXT! For more information on individual skill configurations, PLEASE READ the INSTALLATION README Readmes don't help a player unless he or she actually takes the TIME to READ THEM. So, if you run into some crazy âss error or problem then come complaining about it to the forums, only to have it be a simple matter of - YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.... Then I WILL NOT even bother helping you troubleshoot your problem. ************************************************** A HUGE THANK YOU! I want to personally thank the forum community showing continued interest and supporting me through fantastic feedback and constructive critocism in my work. I hope that everyone who downloads this final compilation pack will enjoy many hours of Counter-Life gameplay to come. John "SyntaxxSeven" Velasquez CLHD Lead Project Developer ************************************************** CREDITS -Credits to Companies Valve Software: All charactor models, regardless of high-definition reskins, still remain registered trademarks of: Valve Software (c)Copyright 1998-2003 Gearbox Software: All Voice over sounds are from Gearbox's Opposing Force retail modification. OP4 and Opposing Force are registered trademarks of: Gearbox Software (c)Copyright 1999 - 2003 ************************************************** MODELS FOR GRUNT -Credits to Authors M4/M203 Model: Sas.stu Skin: -X- MP5K-A5/M203 Model: Raven Skin: §ixShooter Franchi SPAS-12 Model: Sas.stu Skin: Pr0d!gy ************************************************** MODELS FOR ASSASIN -Credits to Authors STEYR TMP Model: Mole Skin: Galen IMI UZI Model: Ton Skin: Ton ************************************************** MAPPER CREDITS -Introduction Map Action Half-Life Team For the use of the introduction map C0A0E - Located in the maps directory. **************************************************

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21830th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter Need high requirements. Especially, on the FREAKING 3D Card! ARGH!
    Can't cope with it? You need a Radeon 9000 mobility, the most power ful one now. OR a Radeon 9600 mobile...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 16y
    Need high requirements. Especially, on the FREAKING 3D Card! ARGH!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by hpalex Yeehaw! I like this pack! Finally the Hgrunt have a new HD Spas 12 and a new HD M4 with M203 GL
    Hmmm maybe I should see how it behaves with 4x AA and AF? (Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • hpalex avatar
    hpalex Joined 16y ago
    100 points Ranked 72468th
    access_time 16y
    Yeehaw! I like this pack! Finally the Hgrunt have a new HD Spas 12 and a new HD M4 with M203 GL
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 16y
    WHAT THE... I am shocked... Damn I must get my dads comp ready on the fly, I need this file NOW!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • darkblade avatar
    darkblade Joined 17y ago
    226 points Ranked 54232nd
    access_time 16y
    Can you make the spas-12's barrel longer in the next version and add gooseman's arms and hands for the more realistic look?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54685th
    access_time 16y
    Originally posted by Haunter I'm TRYING to upload the file now. I apologise because I have a tight schedule. And this is my first time making an uploaded file downloadable. Sorry people!
    Heh. NP! I'm just glad you can upload it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 16y
    I'm TRYING to upload the file now. I apologise because I have a tight schedule. And this is my first time making an uploaded file downloadable. Sorry people!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    SyntaxxSeven Joined 16y ago
    877 points Ranked 41518th
    access_time 16y
    I'm so sick of this shît..
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Ingalls avatar
    Ingalls Joined 16y ago
    219 points Ranked 54685th
    access_time 16y
    Well, i dont have to worry about it slowing me down :D but VEEEERY noice looking models FROM the shots! I think i can get someone to be of assistance, but i will need to ask him. EDIT: He said nope...what a jackass :p
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    This package has been officially completed and is ready for upload. I have only one problem and ask that the members of the Forum Community please offer reliable, practical suggestions of where the pack can be uploaded too so the forum community can download and install without experienceing too many problems. Please make your suggestions here. I'd appreciate any responses, the more suggestions and the quicker they come, the faster this can be uploaded and available to the public. PS: File Front is not an option due to server issues ( supposedly ) I'd normally have Haunter host this file but obviously he is tied down and as of late, not been too involved in the further production of Counter-Life. When he's finished with his schooling, I have no doubts he'll be doing alot but as of right now, time is scare on both of our parts. So, I can no longer depend soley on his schedule to upload these packs to the server. This is in our hands to see happen. Thanks for your participation and please respond accordingly.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    ************************************************** TROUBLE SHOOTING THIS PACK: If you are experiencing difficulties with the installation of this compilation package, try to reinstall the 5.7 beta version of Counter-Life.After you have re-installed, follow the steps stated in the Installation Readme.txt located within this dirctory. A Clean install of Counter-Life beta 5.7 can solve many unexpected problems. If you are still experiencing problems, please report them in the forums so they can noted and later corrected. ************************************************** Any additional errors or bugs you may encounter can be reported at the CL Forums located at: Click on the forums link and report your trouble shooting question there.You can bring your questions to the attention of: Syntaxx Seven **************************************************
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • SyntaxxSeven avatar
    access_time 16y
    ************************************************** INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT INSTALLING THIS PACK: It is suggested that you READ the information written in the directorys to help you choose the marine that best suits your personal preference. If you get raped in game because you wanted to just rush though this proccess then that's your problem, not mine. ALWAYS read instructions first before doing anything in my packs. ************************************************** It is RECOMMENDED that you have at least a 900mhz Athlon or Pentium grade CPU if you are installing this pack. Older CPUs will not run this pack smoothly. If you have less then the recommended requirements, then it is advised that you do not install this pack. If you have a high-resolution video adapter installed that can produce high-frame rates to compensate for a slower CPU ( Nvidia GForce Series, Radeon, etc ) Then you should be able to run this pack without any problems. ************************************************** INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: STEP1) CHOOSE A CONFIGURATION: Part 1 Open the "Choose a Configuration" folder located in your Counter-Life directory. READ the text file labled: "Choose a Configuration". STEP2) CHOOSE A CONFIGURATION: Part 2 After you have READ ( Emphasis on READ! ) The Choose a Configuration text file, select either of the difficulty settings by opening either the Easy or Hard Configuration directories. STEP3) CHOOSE A CONFIGURATION: Part 3 Once you have selected a texture style ( Desert Recon / Urban Tactical ) Read the Readme file located in that directory. It will explain everything you'll need to know about each Marine and it's capabilities. STEP4) COPYING YOUR CONFIGURATION: Now that you have selected your soldier and weapon type, copy the contents of that directory into your Counter-Life root directory: ( c:/sierra/Half-Life/Cl or other installed path ) STEP5) START A NEW GAME Thanks for your patience and for downloading the Counter-Life High-Definition Pack. ************************************************** NEW GAME INFORMATION: Instead of starting out riding the tram into Sector-C test labs, you now start out climbing through a vent shaft above the magnetically sealed doors. Barney will greet Gordon Freeman as he arrives from the tram ( You hear him speaking from above ) then suddenly, Barney draws his side arm and says to Gordon Freeman: " End of the line for you " followed by 3 shots, killing Freeman. ( Barney is one of your Agent Assets ) He then yells for you to hurry up and get down there, leaving you to take the place as Gordon Freeman, destroying the facility's valuable research by acts of high-tech espionage. Now, you are the terrorist responsible for the disaster at the Black Mesa Research facility. **************************************************
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

SyntaxxSeven avatar