Smash Dumping/Sm4shExplorer Problem

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Mecha_Azrid points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me but I have a few issues. 1. I dumped the game into the Local Disk but it won't show up unless I use Sm4sh Explorer. 2. Sm4sh Explorer will not let me drag any mods into it and when going into the folder "workspace" folder and others do not appear unless I open up the Export Directory inside Sm4shE. 3. I was checking some files and inside UI > Append > chr all it has are the DLC characters and no other characters. If anyone could please help that would be great!

• 8mo
    Just Miles avatar
    Just Miles Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    486 points Ranked 9150th
    1. That's the point of Sm4shExplorer

2. More details please

3. That's where the DLC UI goes, the other characters are UI > Replace > chr
  • 8mo
    Mecha_Azrid avatar
    Member Joined 8mo
    Posted by Just Miles

2. More details please

1. I saw Etika's video and he was able to look through the Smash Folder without Sm4shExplorer. But if that is fine then sweet.

2. Okay so I've extracted the mod that I want to use, in this case Lloyd Irving > Pit, but whenever dragging the model files from the mod folder into Sm4shE I just get a close/error icon and it won't let me drag it in.

As for the Workspace Folder and all the other stuff it won't appear on my normal Folder for Sm4shE but when going into the program itself > Directories > open sm4sh directory all the missing folders appear there.

3. Ahh okay I see! Sorry for the stupid question haha, my bad.
    Trublade
  • 8mo
    jewlecho avatar
    jewlecho avatar Offline
    Member Joined 2y
    946 points Ranked 5084th
    9 medals 4 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    Posted by Mecha_Azrid

Posted by Just Miles

2. More details please

1. I saw Etika's video and he was able to look through the Smash Folder without Sm4shExplorer. But if that is fine then sweet.

2. Okay so I've extracted the mod that I want to use, in this case Lloyd Irving > Pit, but whenever dragging the model files from the mod folder into Sm4shE I just get a close/error icon and it won't let me drag it in.

As for the Workspace Folder and all the other stuff it won't appear on my normal Folder for Sm4shE but when going into the program itself > Directories > open sm4sh directory all the missing folders appear there.

Try looking for your dump in C://Smash/vol. If you've located it in smashexplorer, then you should easily be able to access it outside of it.

Are you dragging the cxx folder for Lloyd onto the correct area? For example, rename the cxx folder to whichever slot you want to replace, like c01. Drag that c01 folder over the body folder and c01 should appear green in smash explorer. Make sure you're dragging the cxx folder on TOP of the word body and not inside it. See if that works.

If you can't find your workspace folder without opening the directory inside smashexplorer, then you're looking in the wrong place for it. Try following the directory that it gives you. You might be a folder off or something.
    ~ Team Mom ~
  • 8mo
    Mecha_Azrid avatar
    Member Joined 8mo
    Posted by jewlecho

Posted by Mecha_Azrid

Posted by Just Miles

2. More details please

Try looking for your dump in C://Smash/vol. If you've located it in smashexplorer, then you should easily be able to access it outside of it.

Are you dragging the cxx folder for Lloyd onto the correct area? For example, rename the cxx folder to whichever slot you want to replace, like c01. Drag that c01 folder over the body folder and c01 should appear green in smash explorer. Make sure you're dragging the cxx folder on TOP of the word body and not inside it. See if that works.

If you can't find your workspace folder without opening the directory inside smashexplorer, then you're looking in the wrong place for it. Try following the directory that it gives you. You might be a folder off or something.
    See that's the thing! When I check C: there is no Smash folder to be seen but when using Sm4shExplorer it shows up.

I'm dragging everything inside Lloyd's cxx folder into Pit's C05, or whatever it is, folder but still has the closed icon when hovering over it.

I've followed where the directory takes me and it's exactly the same I have no idea what is going on.
    Trublade
  • 8mo
    Mecha_Azrid avatar
    Member Joined 8mo
    Update:

1. I've checked everywhere and there is no Smash Folder within the Local C:. The only thing that was created was the 'ddd' folder for the Titledumper. It still appears in Sm4shExplorer though.

2. Clearing this up so I extracted the mod's zip file. I'm dragging the contents inside the C0X mod into Pit's c05 folder, not inside but on the folder itself, and I still get the circle with the line across it icon. Tried renaming the Mod's folder to c05 still the same issue.

3. Downloaded the different versions of Sm4shExplorer each one still doesn't show the Export and Workspace Folders unless going into Sm4shExplorer and viewing the Directory there.
    Trublade

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

Category

Stats

Views
Date Added