Okay. About my WIP Model Import

A Forum Thread for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Miguel92398 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Sooo...
It's time for me to stop making character model imports. The reason of that is I have a hard time doing so. Also, I'm still new to this model import. Not only Smash 3DS Model Import, but Smash Bros series Model Import. I never had mods in Brawl and I don't know how to install it or make some. I wish there will be a noob-friendly guide on Model Import and Blender for model import.

Hopefully, someone will create Ness64 or Majora's Mask over Toon Link. Well, guess I'll be sticking with texture hacks like making a solid color of smb123's Temple or Pac-Man CGI animated texture.

• 6mo
    SneakyKNG avatar
    SneakyKNG avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    763 points Ranked 5993rd
    10 medals 1 rare
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    no why are you gonna stop?! Please you were the only person that was actually trying besides me
    Bananite
  • 6mo
    Miguel92398 avatar
    Member Joined 8mo
    2,569 points Ranked 1804th
    11 medals 1 rare
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    Posted by EmulatorLoverKNG

no why are you gonna stop?! Please you were the only person that was actually trying besides me

Using only 3DSMax to do Character model import is broken. I used Stage import guide by Caseyfam to visualize and imply it to character import. But it doesn't work like that as models aren't edible poly. Heck, I thought fixing the model by using both .dae and .obj since .dae messed up the model and .obj doesn't. In short, I did model import on the original model. But I haven't tried that.

I'll be experimenting 3DSMax and find a perfect model import method if I have the time. Right now, I'm trying to texture the entire Temple using only solid colors(just to make it like Melee Light) and I can't just distribute the textures only. It has to include the .mbn to make the textures work.

https://twitter.com/Rageminecraft/status/841544434604945409
    Bananite
  • 6mo
    SneakyKNG avatar
    SneakyKNG avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    763 points Ranked 5993rd
    10 medals 1 rare
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    Posted by Miguel92398

Posted by EmulatorLoverKNG

Using only 3DSMax to do Character model import is broken. I used Stage import guide by Caseyfam to visualize and imply it to character import. But it doesn't work like that as models aren't edible poly. Heck, I thought fixing the model by using both .dae and .obj since .dae messed up the model and .obj doesn't. In short, I did model import on the original model. But I haven't tried that.

I'll be experimenting 3DSMax and find a perfect model import method if I have the time. Right now, I'm trying to texture the entire Temple using only solid colors(just to make it like Melee Light) and I can't just distribute the textures only. It has to include the .mbn to make the textures work.

https://twitter.com/Rageminecraft/status/841544434604945409
    well the 3ds community is slowly dying the people who were able to do anything just left the face of the earth and smb123w64gb can care less about smash 3ds anymore
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Miguel92398 avatar
Member Joined 8mo
2,569 points Ranked 1804th